Monday, February 4, 2008

Roar for Powerful Words

Holly awarded me with this because she thinks I "writes from her heart and what she knows. Often, what she knows, is something I know, and we connect. Just another reason I love the blog-world." Thanks, Holly! I’m honored.

"The rules for being A Roar for Powerful Words recipient are that I share three writing tips and pass the award on to three more bloggers worthy of recognition and esteem…"

I'm not really sure that I should be giving advice for good writing but here goes:
1. Edit. Go back and read through what you write time and time again. You can edit even after you post something!
2. Don’t over-use the exclamation point!!! Use it only once in awhile!!! No one LIKES TO BE YELLED AT either. Oh, and please capitalize your "I’s".
3. I’m going to echo Holly’s remark: Sometimes write what you are thinking of and let it sit for a day or two. Often, coming back to it later makes it even better than before.

The three people that I want to pass this award on to are:
Kelly at Cookies, Milk & Yellow Balloons
Christie at These Are a Few of My Favorite Things
and Bridget at A Day In a Life.

I look forward to reading these blogs and many others. Thanks to all for sharing bits and pieces of your lives with us.

6 comments:

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Yeah! You accepted it!

Christie said...

Hey, thanks, bloggy friend! You are way too kind.

behka said...

I love reading your blog. And I appreciated your tips, especially the one about overusing the exclamation point. I am surely guilty of this. Notice, not one in this comment. So unlike me, but at least I'm not yelling:) I am an avid follower of "The Little Things", keep it coming.

Tip Junkie said...

You've won an award on my site. Thank you so much for the inspiration!

Amber said...

Stie is one of my favorites and I could not agree more. :-)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You definitely deserve it!