We've had quite the day. Oldest and Daughter both went to school very excited for the upcoming day filled with sugar and Valentines and more sugar. Youngest and I spent some time at our favorite place this morning -- Target. I was good though, and I only bought the thing I went in for (Zout stain remover.)
Daughter came home with a nice little assortment of treats, and cupcakes that she had decorated at school. She spent the rest of the afternoon crying about how cleaning her room is boring. After three hours, she started cleaning. Once I was able to block out the crying, I was able to get to work on getting my wall-hanging quilted, and enjoyed the time since Youngest was napping.
Oldest came home with a nice large assortment of treats in his decorated box. He got a pencil, play-doh, a zillion suckers and a book. Man, I wish I was in 1st grade. When I was a kid, Valentines still came with envelopes and you put a few carefully chosen conversation hearts in. Making sure to not put the one that said "marry me" in the cute boy's envelope. I was surprised last year when I bought Valentines for Oldest's kindergarten class and there were no envelopes. We staple the treats to the card now.
Oldest then spent the next three hours complaining about having to clean his room. Finally, it is done and he is trying to eat dinner. He is having tacos. We had pizza. He doesn't like pizza. Where did he come from? I love pizza. Bryan is off to his scout meeting, and I have two kids in pajamas.
Happy Valentines day, everyone. I hope your day was full of flowers (got mine last week) and chocolate. And kisses from your sweetie. ;-)
6 comments:
I spent half the day crying about how I don't want to do my chores too.
Gone are the days of the conversation hearts for sure! But the mega Reeses Peanut Butter hearts are a great substitute!
Happy Valentines Day!
My daughter just decided she doesn't like pizza! It drives me crazy. Every kid is supposed to like pizza.Every American for that matter.
You're way too nice. If my kids don't like something, they just go hungry. Don't tell mine that there are options out there other than that.
Normally, I don't serve anything other than what I am making. However, on pizza night I do. I don't know why. Maybe because his tacos aren't really tacos. It is a tortilla with cheese and ketchup.
We had way too much sugar at our house too! Mine complain about cleaning their rooms. What's for dinner is what's for dinner. You're nicer than I am.
We had a sugar fest at our house, but it was fun. Max really enjoyed trading valentines at school, and then we made a few for family members when he got home. It felt pretty festive, so that was fun. Oh yeah until the sugar kicked in, that was less fun.
Post a Comment