Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Conversations with a 2-year-old


Youngest will be three in July. He is a spirited, fun, spunky little kid. Often, during the quiet moments in church he will suddenly belt out "Life is a highway...I wanna ride it aw-night longgg!" or "Won, Two, Three like a bird I sing cause you given me the most beautiful wings!"


A couple of conversations from this morning:
Him : You're an idiot.
Me : No. That's not nice. Don't talk to Mommy like that.
Him : Okay. I wont call you idiot....I'll call you stupid.
I'm not sure that is better, but okay.
---------------
Him : Mommy, are you the daddy and I am the baby?
Me : No, I am the mommy.
Him : No, you are the cow and I am the baby cow.
Me : Okay.
Him : No, you are not a cow.
---------------
We have been reading the scriptures at breakfast and the other day when he sat down for lunch, he said, "Mommy, is it Nephi time?" Love it.
This is the same boy that loves to snuggle, says he wants to go to bed about 7:30, still naps for 2-3 hours and will eat just about anything that is placed in front of him. And best of all, he tells me he wubs me.
By the way, he did apologize for calling me stupid. =)

12 comments:

Ginna said...

OK, so from that last paragraph this boy sounds perfect! Tell me what number you called to order one of those!
He's so adorable.

Kelly said...

Adorable! I love little kid who belt things out in church. You got to shake things up sometimes, and as long as it is still somewhat publicly accepted, belt away. Personality and spunk will get you far!

Cheryl said...

Aww! That's so cute; he reminds me of my #3.

Bridget said...

That's so cute! 2.5 yrs is a great age I think.

Christie said...

It's always funnier when other people's children do stuff like call the mother stupid. Why is that?

Marchezt said...

So cute!!

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Mine sing Queen songs. Try explaining those to the primary teacher!

Victoria said...

Oh he is just too cute!! :)

mahina said...

i agree with christie, it's always funnier when it is someone else's kid. but if mine were to say that...not so funny!

Wendi said...

Thanks for visiting my blog today! I enjoyed hopping over to yours. I have a 3 1/2 year old I might trade you for... he does not take naps...he goes to bed around 10pm...does not sleep through the night... does not eat... does tell me he loves me THIS MUCH...maybe he is a keeper!

Cecily R said...

So cute! You will be so glad that you wrote these down!!

And by the way, I am BLISTERINGLY jealous about his sleeping schedule. If only...

D-dawg said...

Yeah, I could forgive the stupid comment because of everything else he does that's so great! Eating anything? Sleeping a ton?? HEAVEN!