Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Tip Junkie and Things To Do Before Expiring

Tip Junkie has given me a "Great Tip Award" for a Christmas Scrapbook that I made at Super Saturday last year. Thanks, I'm honored! I feel kind of funny accepting this as I didn't design the book, just copied the sample and added a couple of my own personal touches, but that's okay...
---------------
Now on to the things to do before I expire:
Susan offered a challenge for us to post a list of things we want to do before we die. She said that it needs to include at least five things. I have made a list before, and I have accomplished some of them (ride in a cab, get LASIK surgery, get my Young Womanhood Recognition, move out of state, etc.) Others on my list are things I want to see/do (the Calgary Stampede, Iowa State Fair, Mt. Rushmore, Pearl Harbor, Ground Zero, etc.)


Here are my favorite random things that I want to do before I die:

  • Do hair for a play...One of these days, I will volunteer for a small community program.
  • Ride a Harley...I have always said that I want to ride a Harley across the country. My husband insists that I don’t really want to. I give in. I probably don’t want to go across the country, but riding one through the desert does seem pretty cool.
  • Build a House...I have a house all ready picked out. It was in the Utah Parade of Homes a few years ago. I love it. It is too big for us and would be a total waste of space but I can’t help myself. I want all 6,000 square feet of it.
  • Attend a taping of The Price is Right...I wish that I had done this when it was still Bob Barker. I’m not sure how I feel about Drew Carey. It would probably still be fun though.
  • Learn to Fiddle...When Youngest is in school, I will take lessons. And someday I will be able to play "The Devil Went Down to Georgia."
  • I want to learn how to use a drill...I’m lame, I know, but I don’t know how! Someday...

So what are a few things from your list of things to do before you die? One of my favorites from Susan’s list is to figure out a way to be a morning person. If anyone knows how to do that would you let me know too? Mornings are not my friend.

12 comments:

Cecily R said...

That's a fun list! I don't know if this week is a good time for me to be thinking about that. My list will be ornery and cynical...

I don't really know how to use a drill either. We can learn together.

Christie said...

I could teach you how to drill, but I've never ridden a Harley or done anyone's hair but my own. I think you should get the 6,000 sq foot house just for fun.

Amanda D said...

Wouldn't a class on power tools be a great RS class? Of course, it might be funner to have Stie come and teach us...

Cheryl said...

I could teach you how to be a morning person. You have one or two people that you absolutley have to meet, rain or shine, to exercise with by 6AM. I guarantee that after 6 months of waking up at 5:45AM, you will become a morning person. As long as you go to bed by 10PM (yeah, that's the sad catch, there).

What I want to do before I die:

--Win the Amazing Race
Travel the entire world more than once
--Sky-dive
--Climb the Swiss Alps
--Live in England for at least a year
--Write and publish at least one novel, and several children's books
--Get my MFT
--Serve a couple of service missions in Africa

Yeah. It's a pretty impossible list. At least you were realistic! You'll totally know how to learn to use a drill; and I'm betting the motorcycle thing isn't that impossible. You can do it, for sure!

Kelly said...

I totally want to go on the Price is Right too! Blogger reunion anyone?

Amanda D said...

Kelly! That would be so fun....

behka said...

How fun! I actually started a list a few years ago and recently got it out and looked it over, I was surprised at how many things I have accomplished. I think once its written down, the mind figures out a way to make it happen. Its pretty amazing. Go Harley girl.

Darilyn said...

I love everything on your list. I don't know how to use a drill either. Riding the Harley would be a complete blast.

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Cool list. I've ridden a Harley, but only because I was hanging on for dear life to the person driving it! I can drill too. I'll teach you if you want!

mahina said...

i love your list! we are going to buy land in utah and build a house! at least that is the plan! my husband has to get into school first, though! we're just waiting to find out!

my sister-in-law has been trying to get us all to go to the price is right! that is so funny you want to go! i think it would be so fun to do!

Amber said...

What a great idea and fun list! I especially advocate Lasik (it was life-changing for me) and as a Calgarian, the Calgary Stampede. It IS the greatest outdoor show on eart. :-)

Anonymous said...

Cheryl...I get up early every single morning (with maybe an occasional weekend day off) and I'm still Miss Grumpy Pants. It could have something to do with the staying up night owl tendencies that I'm not very willing to give up!