This is my oldest child:
Isn’t he handsome?
He loves sports. He loves football, basketball, baseball, soccer, bull riding, cake making, tennis, skateboarding, etc. He’s a Portland Trailblazer fan. He’s a Oregon State Beavers fan. He thinks he likes the Dallas Cowboys.
He makes lists of his favorite team:
He reads the sports section of the newspaper everyday. He hates to miss a game. He memorizes stats, history, scores and more.
He collects sports cards.
Most of his cards are NBA cards.
He has tried to convince his friends to collect cards so that he can have someone to trade cards with. So far, he has been unsuccessful. He bought a new pack of sports cards the other day and was disappointed because there was only one Trailblazer card in it.
I decided that I should find somewhere that he can trade cards. I looked around online a little bit but all I found was places to auction cards and sell cards and buy cards. I realize that most of the cards he has aren’t worth anything (money wise). I just think it would be fun for him to be able to trade cards with someone.
So, I’m hoping that one of my readers has a son that collects cards and would maybe be interested in trading.
If so, leave a comment or shoot me an email [scrapbooksbyamandaATgmailDOTcom]. And if you have a friend who has a son that collects, send them this way. Thanks!
8 comments:
I wish I knew someone into it! I think that's so great that your handsome son has developed such passion so young.
btw...I *just* got my notice from the library that the PW cookbook is ready for me to pick up! Woot!
wow, he's amazing! you might as the dads to see if they have cards too. Angie would probably know the sports fans. or Scott Field. Good Luck!
Wow,that's impressive. Call "Rainy Day Games" in Beaverton. Tell them your son's age and ask if they have trading card events. I'm pretty sure they do. There is an entire area in the store for just those types of things. The people that work there are great and totally know their stuff.
yes, YES, he is definitely handsome!
No sports cards advice, but just browsing around your blog a little and marveling at all the great stuff you're doing. Keep up the good work, Amanda! :)
He's alllll about, isn't he? He'll have those girls swooning. :0)
He's so cute! I love your picture of his lists and his cards. I LOVe trading cards, although mine were of the sci-fi variety.
I got my copy of "Writing Motherhood" and so far i LOVe it! Thanks so much for recommending it.
Oh, he is SO cute!! I hope you
find a card trading buddy for him!
Post a Comment