I’m in the process of finishing my Project 365 album from 2009. On each two-page layout there are spaces for eight journaling cards. I use seven to say why I took the picture I did, or what we did that day or whatever. On the others, I am stamping quotes about family.
The problem is, I don’t have 52 quotes about family. I have maybe twenty. This is where you come in. Will you share your favorite family quote with me? It can be funny, touching, poignant, sweet, sappy, cheesy, long or short. Pretty please. With a cherry on top. Unless you don’t like cherries.
The one above is one that I’ve included. Here are a few more:
“Every father should remember that one day his son will follow his example instead of his advice.”
“Do we exemplify a legacy of love? Do our homes?” –Thomas S. Monson
“A happy family is but an earlier heaven.” – George Bernard Shaw
“The family is a link to our past, the bridge to our future.” –Alex Haley
“Where does a family start? It starts with a young man falling in love with a girl.” –Winston Churchill
“I don’t care how poor a man is – if he has family, he is rich.” –M*A*S*H*
7 comments:
“ Spread love everywhere you go: first of all in your own house. Give love to your children, to your wife or husband, to your next door neighbor. Let no one come to you without leaving better or happier. Be the living expression of kindness.” -Mother Teresa
(this is only kind of family):
a hundred hearts
would be too few
to carry all
my love for you
Oh, I love family quotes.
A few I love:
A daughter is a little girl who grows up to be a friend.
It was nice growing up with someone like you -- someone to lean on, someone to count on...someone to tell on!
It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons. -- Johann Schiller
You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them. --Desmond Tutu
A couple more:
Choose your love, Love your choice. --Thomas S. Monson
What do we live for, if not to make life less difficult for each other? --George Eliot
love the calligraphy on the card, the quotes, your current banner, and your projects. Here's the first quote that popped in my head. It's long, but great. Don't know if it will work for your project, but it was fun for me to reread. Looking forward to Sat.
“I don’t want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenk’s lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor’s children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone’s garden. I want to be there with children’s sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.”
Marjorie Peay Hinckley
These are fantastic!
Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts. ~Author Unknown
Family, We may not have it all together but together we have it all.
Post a Comment