I’m a fan of pizza.
I probably eat too much pizza, and I definitely spend too much money on pizza.
Last year I took a pizza making class with my brother. It was a lot of fun and the pizza we made in class was really good. I haven’t found a dough since then that I really liked though (and since the class was taught by restaurant owners, they wouldn’t share their recipe.)
Enter Pioneer Woman, Ree.
I checked her new cookbook out from the library.
It’s a cookbook that I would like to own. I made a pot roast following the directions in the book and the whole house gave it two big thumbs up. On New Year’s Eve, I made the hot artichoke dip. It was good but it made a TON. Over the weekend I made the pizza dough recipe:
It was good. It was easy and it made enough for two pizzas – perfect for my family. Bryan was gone the night I made it for dinner, so we made one pizza that night and saved the other half of dough and used it the next night.
Pizza Dough from The Pioneer Woman Cooks
- 1 tsp yeast
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus some for drizzling
Pour 1 ½ cups warm water into a bowl. Sprinkle the yeast over the water. Combine the flour and salt in a mixing bowl. With mixer on low, drizzle the olive oil until just incorporated. In a separate bowl, gently stir the yeast/water mix. Drizzle it into the flour/oil mixture. Mix until dough forms a ball. Drizzle a little olive oil into a clean bowl – toss the dough in the bowl and turn over to coat in oil.
Cover with a moist towel and let raise for 1-2 hours (or cover with plastic and let rise in fridge for up to 2 days).
Preheat oven to 500. Divide the dough in half. Drizzle oil in pan. Use hands to stretch the dough to desired shape. Top with sauce, cheese and desired toppings. Bake 8-10 minutes. (Dough can be frozen for up to 6 months.)
----
I’m thinking we’re doing homemade pizza for the most part now. Delicious!
7 comments:
Isn't it a fantastic book? Way more than just a cookbook. I got it for Christmas from my oldest daughter and I couldn't get it out of my mom's hands for the next two days. I'm thinking I need to get her a copy now.
I got this for Christmas but have not tried any thing from it yet. I have made a few recipes from her website though and they have all been hits.
Her cookbook is the best. I have made almost all her desserts, too, from that book and they are FANTASTIC.
I was thinking about Personal Pizzas for our Game Night before I saw your post. Should we do the first part with Pizza and kid games at your house? Then we could leave son4 with son3 at our house and do just the four of us for more games? Will you do the crust and we could bring the toppings? Like how I ask a million questions and we haven't settled on a date?!
I am literally salivating. I am staying FAR away from that cookbook because it is heaped in calories.
Unless, of course, we can all look like Ree when we eat the recipes.
Yum! I hope you saved me a slice. :-)
Oh man, that looks sooooo good. I LOVE pizza!
Post a Comment