Once upon a time there was a little girl that wanted a dollhouse. Her mom and dad didn’t get her one until one summer when her mom stopped at a yard sale and there was an older version of this house:
for sale, and it was only $5 – with a couple people and some furniture.
The little girl’s mom bought the house, came home and put it in the shower to clean off the dust and spider web’s that had gathered on it. She thought the house must have been stored in a shed. The mom hid the dollhouse in her closet and hid it with a coat.
Then came the time for the little girl to make her Christmas wish list. A dollhouse had been on her list for the last couple of years so the mom was fairly confident that it would be again.
Of course, this year, the little girl put a Barbie house on her list instead.
The mom sighs, and crosses her fingers that the little girl will be pleased come Christmas morning.
***
If you didn’t guess, I am the mom in this story. I’m praying she will love it. And I’m praying that she wont care that it came to her used. I’ve got her some new accessories, and a new doll so the family is complete. I tried to fine black dolls but was unsuccessful.
So, now I’m working like a mad woman with Q-tips and rubbing alcohol to get the rest of the dust and grime out of all the little places by Christmas.
2 comments:
I am in a similar situation with a pair of lavender crocs. My middle daughter has wanted a pair of lavender crocs for at least three years. I decided that this year would be the year to get them. I went to the Crocs store only to find out that they don't make them in lavender anymore. So I found a pair on ebay for $5. Not a bad deal. The problem is that although they are not dirty they are obviously used and worn quite a bit on the soles. My sister said I shouldn't even give them to her for Christmas. I'm doing it anyway. Money is tight around here and I'm hoping because it's the color she loves she will love them anyway. let's update each other on Christmas day, okay?
What a resourceful mom you are! I hope she will love it too.
I always wanted a doll house when I was little. I never got one. I'll take it if she doesn't want it. :)
Post a Comment