Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Ships

On Saturday night we went to see the Christmas Ships on the Willamette River.  We went last year too.  It’s a lot of fun.  This year it wasn’t raining so there was a lot more ships.  Some were very neatly decorated.  I’ve got some pictures, but bear in mind that I was using no flash, it was dark, the ships were moving and I had no tripod.  Use your imagination. :)

The ships coming up the river to where we were watching from:

DSCN0106

Those green and red things are the wise-men, and that is the star, and on the back was baby Jesus:

DSCN0118

A mama and baby whale:

DSCN0132

A green Christmas tree:

DSCN0134

Santa Claus on a submarine:

 DSCN0137

Another Christmas tree:

DSCN0153

A bird:

DSCN0164

It was well worth the drive to get there to see the ships.  We got there just in time, and only had to wait a few minutes for them to come.  On one ship a man was yelling “Merry Christmas!” to everyone so then my kids (and nephew) yelled “Merry Christmas!” to every ship that passed.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I think my favorite is Santa in the yellow submarine! How fun that all the kiddos shouted out to the ships as they passed by. I bet they got a kick out of that.