It’s hard for me to believe that it’s the last day of 2009. Tomorrow is 2010.
We had a great Christmas. The kids were all excited about their gifts, and pleased with what they got – Heely’s and an art kit for my oldest, a doll house and clothes for my daughter, Buzz Lightyear wings and a stuffed dog for my youngest. Bryan got some movies, pajamas, planner, ear buds. I was spoiled and got some great gifts – some shelves in the laundry room, a new camera, a quilt kit and a new scrapbook album. I’ve realized why Christmas Eve is my favorite day – it’s more relaxed. The anticipation is high. Kids are excited, and loving and we have fun.
After Christmas we went to Long Beach, WA for a couple days. It was warmer at the beach than in town. We sat in the sun and ate ice cream on one day. Heavenly. We walked on the beach. We played games. We watched movies. The kids swam in the hot tub.
I had my first experience with jury duty yesterday. I didn’t get selected for a jury, but I did get to read with out being interrupted, enjoy a snack, and wander around downtown Portland during my lunch break. I just wish I had taken the camera. One of the things on my to-do list is to wander downtown with the camera. It was great for people watching. And downtown Portland has some interested architecture, statues and of course, the rivers and bridges.
Today was the last day of the 100 Mile Fitness Challenge. I joined the challenge three weeks late and wasn’t sure that I would get to 100, but I was determined to try. I’m pleased to say that today I did a half hour of Pilates and thus finished 100 miles exactly. Tomorrow starts a new challenge and I’m excited. It’s been very motivating for me. So has Daily Mile. My husband, my mom, my dad and my sister are all on there so I get to see what they are doing, and report what I’m doing.
Tonight the kids are determined to stay up until midnight. I’m determined to let them. I’m also determined to not get frustrated when they are tired. I’m determined to not yell at them. I’m determined to have fun with them. We have some snacks and we’ll watch movies, play games and wii and ring in 2010 with the best of them. We may change our clocks and ring in the new year with the folks in NYC. We’ll see.
Happy 2010!
5 comments:
sounds good! I hope you have a fun night and I'm glad Christmas was good for you. That's also why I love Christmas Eve, anticipation is high, it's magical and you just don't have to do too much. Lovely.
Happy New Year!!
We've changed out clocks every year, last year was the first the kids were on to us. This year they are making sure we stay on Mountain Time.
Way to go on your fitness challenge! It's hard work for sure!
Happy New Year! I am looking forward to enjoying your blog in the coming year! Blessings to you and your family!
glad you had a great Christmas and trip to the beach. wow, warm would be nice. awesome job on completing your fitness goal for the year and starting on 2010's. i never would have thought of moving the time for the kids...that's hilarious! hope you had fun!
Post a Comment