It’s been a rough couple weeks for me. I’m really sure why, but I do know that when I feel like this it helps if I count my blessings. Remind myself of the things that I am truly thankful for. At times it is hard to remember the things that I am thankful for but I think that it is important for us to concentrate on the little things in life. So, here goes:
- Bryan. He’s my rock. He doesn’t seem to get annoyed with me and my moods. He works hard, he cares for us, he steps up and helps and I love him.
- The sun. Last January and February were so gray and gloomy and this year we have seen a lot more sun. I have loved opening the curtains and feeling the warmth, and spending some time outside.
- Scripture Sisters. This blog has been the kick in the pants that I have needed to study my scriptures for the next week’s lesson, and the motivation that I’ve needed to read conference talks. It’s very inspiring.
- Primroses. I have some blooming by my front door and they make me smile.
- Food storage. I’m trying to use it more and it has cut the grocery budget.
- Email. I love opening my inbox and seeing that someone has thought of me and sent me something. It always makes me smile.
- Movies and books. Can you say escape?
That’s all I’ve got today. Some of them are little and some of them are big, but today, I’ll take them.
What are you thankful for?
5 comments:
I am thankful that you make thankful lists...because they help remind me that I should be more thankful about what I HAVE and not so grumpy about what I DON'T have.
Wow, I just read my comment and I thought it almost sounded like I was saying that you don't have anything and I should be thankful that I have things...is that what it sounded like? Because that is SO NOT WHAT I MEANT!
And if it didn't sound like that, then please, ignore me.
I'm gonna shut up now before I make a bigger idiot of myself.
I'm thankful for the parts of my body that don't hurt. I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself today so this was a perfect post for me. I have to look for the positive right?
Such a great post, Amanda. I have found that making those lists really helps with perspective, too.
I am thankful for my sister Cindy. She is always there when I need to talk and vent. She's definitely my best friend outside of Stanton. I am thankful for him, too.
On a smaller note, I'm really thankful for thins like card making. It's good to create and always helps me feel better about myself.
Lastly, I agree -- I am thankful for food storage, too! It's such a huge blessing to have food on hand and not be tied to the grocery store.
Excellent post -- thank you!!! And I love that you're involved with Scripture Sisters. You help make it what it is.
You have such a great perspective on using gratitude. I know I should do it more, I do add it to each journal entry, but sometimes I still feel guilty for feeling so unhappy most of the time. Very silly. Very ungrateful. We should go do something fun : )
Also, here's a quote a friend posted today that fit (fill in your own beautiful sunset shot for a visual), I really needed it:
Do you take time to discover each day how beautiful your life can be? How long has it been since you watched the sun set? The departing rays kissing the clouds, trees, hills, and lowlands good night, sometimes tranquilly, sometimes with exuberant bursts of color and form. What of the wonder of a cloudless night when the Lord unveils the marvels of His heavens—the twinkling stars, the moonlight rays—to ignite our imagination with His greatness and glory? How captivating to watch a seed planted in fertile soil germinate, gather strength, and send forth a tiny, seemingly insignificant sprout. Patiently it begins to grow and develop its own character led by the genetic code the Lord has provided to guide its development. With care it surely will become what it is destined to be: a lily, crowned with grace and beauty; a fragrant spearmint plant; a peach; an avocado; or a beautiful blossom with unique delicacy, hue, and fragrance. When last did you observe a tiny rosebud form? Each day it develops new and impressive character, more promise of beauty until it becomes a majestic rose. You are one of the noblest of God’s creations. His intent is that your life be gloriously beautiful regardless of your circumstances. As you are grateful and obedient, you can become all that God intends you to be.
~Richard G. Scott
Post a Comment