Saturday, December 13, 2008

“We laughed, we cried…

…it was better than Cats.”

bonus points for whoever names that quote.

She came.  It was wonderful!  We had a great time.  It’s funny how quickly you can fall back into step with a friend you haven’t seen in a long time.  We ate pizza, saw Multnomah Falls, watched Last Holiday, Enchanted, chatted, took the kids to the Portland Children’s Museum, ate Sonic (yum!), made enchiladas, watched Four Christmases, stayed up too late, gained weight, laughed, chatted and watched the kids play. 

Thanks, S, for visiting!  Next time bring your whole family and stay around a bit longer. :)

***

This weekend, we have no plans.  It’s somewhat of a  miracle!  I’m hoping to get the kids out to buy presents for each other and their dad.  I would like to get some wrapped and under the tree too. 

***

Janelle has an interesting discussion about sleepovers happening at her blog.  Go check it out and leave your thoughts. Or share them here.  I’m curious.

***

The high here on Monday is 23 degrees.  And it is supposed to snow tomorrow and Monday.  I hope so.  Let it snow!  It is funny how freaked out people are though.  They were talking about Monday’s commute on Thursday.  Come on, folks, let’s see if it really snows before we start stressing.  

***

I found a new author.  When I was at Cheryl’s house she had a book on her coffee table that I thought looked interesting so I came home and put a couple by the author on hold at the library.  I finished It’s a Mall World After All by Janette Rallison today, and I loved it.   I can’t wait to get started on How to Take the Ex Out of Ex-Boyfriend.  Pure fun.

4 comments:

mahina said...

i hope it does snow for you guys. it was always so fun to have abreak from the rain. but i must agree that people do freak out about snow there in oregon! funny!

glad you had such a great visit with your friend!

Annette Lyon said...

Janette Rallison rocks. I love all her stuff.

You can also find some of her books through Deseret Book under the name Sierra St. James. Great stuff.

Mindy said...

I hope you get your snow! Would you please send some our way? Last winter it snowed once here in NC, and was 70 degrees a few days before Christmas, lol. I am hoping for at least one good snow because Aspen is dying to play in it.

Bridget said...

I'm jealous of your no plans. We had early mornign youth temple trip followed by cleaning the church, then home to make food for ward Christmas party then early to set up....it was a full day of church stuff. I was so wishing the snow came early today and everything had to be cancelled. I guess there's still hope for church being cancelled tomorrow.