Well, NaBloPoMo was a bust for me. It was just too hard with traveling for Thanksgiving. My writing before I gave up was awful. I apologize. All my readers are probably glad that I will be going back to a couple posts per week. ;)
We were so glad to head to Utah for Thanksgiving. We were able to take a full week so we were able to see a lot of people, but it is impossible to see everyone. I wish that there was more time to see friends and extended family more. The funny thing is though, that I feel like I am home in Oregon now. I used to think Utah would always feel like home.
We were insanely busy. Here is a list of what we did:
- Tennis, electric scooters, skate park, football, frisbee and walks, playing in leaves { no snow this trip :( }
- Video games, movies, swimming
- Eating, eating and staying up too late
- Black Friday shopping {my sister and I got some good bargains!}
- Lunch with some blogging buddies (thanks, ladies!)
- Dinner with some old friends
- Games with friends from our old church
- Card games, dominoes and board games
- Playing in the leaves, Nephi City's Light's On ceremony & Electric Parade (very cool!)
- Seagull Book {there was so much that I wanted to buy! But I did good and didn't over-spend}
Now that we are home, I am ready to get the house ready for Christmas, and finish up the shopping. The next few weeks will be really busy too. Seems like there is a lot of stuff to do. But, who isn't busy this time of year?
Some photos from the trip:
Me and my littlest one on the electric scooter. Tons of fun!
My daughter and my oldest jumping on Poppy's trampoline!
The ladies after lunch at Brick Oven (yum...red cream soda!) From left: Annette, Cheryl, Amber, me, and Julie P.
The water mill at the Nephi Light's On celebration. I wish I had my tripod, but they turned out okay.
11 comments:
That sounds like a fun trip. Those lights are so incredible. I'd love to know more about that.
Ooh! Can I steal the picture of us and post it shamelessly on my blog? I'd keep your watermark, of course... :)
I was so glad you came; I just wish you had been here longer so we could have hung out everyday. Maybe next time I come to OR? For...the...trees?
Sounds like crazy busy, crazy fun! I'm glad you had such a nice holiday and trip!
Yes, the lights are beautiful. YOu can't beat kids plus trampoline either.
What a fun-filled and busy trip! I'm sorry, for your sake, that there was no snow...but living here, I'm kinda glad it hasn't snowed yet! :)
Glad you guys had a good trip home! Love the lights...that's one thing I really miss this time of year are the cool light displays up at home!
I love the electric parade!! The colors are so awesome. What fun to visit your family in the best state on earth ;)
I am glad that you had a great time on your trip!
So sad to have missed you while you were here but isn't that how life goes? Maybe next time. Glad you had a good visit Amanda.
Hey I liked all of your posts.
those light pictures are gorgeous!
Post a Comment