Friday, December 19, 2008

Photo Story Friday & Frosty

We have had snow days from school all week and yesterday the snow was wet enough that we could make a snowman.  A few years ago a friend gave us a “snowman kit” and we finally got to use it!

Before:

016

And After:

026 My youngest kept stopping what he was doing and going to say : “Hi, Frosty!”  I thought it was very cute.  We also made a little sledding hill in the front yard, and my boys shoveled the sidewalks and driveways of several neighbors.  My youngest spent a good amount of time shoveling the road too. 

For those of you in the Portland metro Area, I highly recommend going to see the Christmas ships.  We went on Wednesday night and it was so much fun. 

011 013

Wednesday night we saw 11 ships all decked out for Christmas.  No tri-pod + too little light + moving ships = blurry pictures, but you get the idea.  More info is here.

See more Photo Story Friday here.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christmas ships? Cool!

That snowman kit is such a cute idea!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

How fun!

Darilyn said...

I've actually never seen the christmas ships. We are going to head to Peacock Lane this year though. Have you done that? The snowman kit is adorable.

Chris said...

A whole week of snow days -- I grew up in the wrong place.

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Fun! We had our first snow, but there wasn't enough to make a snowman. I fully expect that there will be by Christmas though!

mahina said...

that is a great snowman kit! beats the fruit snacks we usually use for our snowmen!

Anonymous said...

I just came over from PhotoStory. Great snowman! What a perfect gift set from your friend! We rarely every see snow in the deep south, but last week we had an unusual occurrence and my 14 year old saw snow for the first time in her life.

Cheryl said...

That's a great snowman kit; what a fabulous idea! I should have let the kids play outside today except, guess what? No boots! So we went to the store this afternoon (before the cookie decorating mess) and got them all boots. Now I can force them to walk to school in the snow and they can't complain. Yes!
:)

Mindy said...

That snowman kit is one of the cutest gift ideas I've seen lately. I may have to make one for my older brother. His bday is Dec. 31 and he and I always made snowmen together when I was little. Was the hat included with it?

I wish we'd get some darn snow here! Oh and PS...from the prior post, yes I DO wish I lived near you! : )