Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 Favorites List

I can’t believe that tomorrow will be a new year.  One year since I started this little blog.  I saw this list over at Annette’s and I thought it was a good day to look back on the year, so I copied it.

Top Books – {This year I read more than 70 books.  These are ones that got a five star rating on my goodreads list}

  • The Quilter’s Apprentice by Jennifer Chiaverini
  • Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
  • A Girl Named Zippy by Haven Kimmell
  • These is My Words by Nancy E. Turner
  • Peter and the Star Catchers series by Dave Barry
  • Tallgrass by Sandra Dallas
  • The Only Alien on the Planet by Kristin D. Randle
  • Before the Dawn by Dean Hughes
  • Candle in the Darkness by Lynn Austin
  • Summer of Light by W. Dale Cramer
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks
  • It’s a Mall World After All by Janette Rallinson
  • The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets by Eva Rice

Top Movies

  • Mamma Mia! {So fun!}
  • Mad Money
  • Firehouse Dog {Such a great kids movie}

Kid’s Accomplishments

  • My oldest really learned how to read this year.  I love seeing that.  He also became an author.  Learned how to play the goalie position in soccer and excelled in that spot.
  • My daughter started kindergarten knowing all her letters and their sounds.  She’ll be reading before I know it.  She also learned to ride her bike with out training wheels.
  • My youngest learned how to use the toilet.  Hallelujah! Learned how to spell and write his name, and ride a bike with training wheels.

Personal Achievements

  • I was published in Creating Keepsakes magazine – not a layout, just words but it was exciting none the less.
  • I read more than 70 books.
  • I learned how to do basic editing in Photoshop Elements.

Top Events

  • Having friends come out for a week, and spending time at the coast with them.
  • Having my brother and sister-in-law come to town for a long weekend.
  • A trip to Utah for Spring Break & another for Thanksgiving.
  • Having my parents come for a visit in May.
  • Having my mother-in-law come to visit a couple times.

We had a great 2008.   I still can’t believe that it is over.  Here’s to a great 2009. 

By the way, have you read any of those books?  What were your favorite books, movies, accomplishments and events of 2008?

Happy New Year!

6 comments:

Annette Lyon said...

Great list! I swiped the idea when I saw it at Luisa's Novembrance blog.

I loved The Only Alien on the Planet! Haven't read it in years, but it rocks.

Julie said...

I *loved* These is my Words. Loved. What a neat way to remember 2008.

Darilyn said...

Great List Amanda. I like seeing your year like this.

Mindy said...

You had an exciting year! I didn't know you were published in Creative Keepsakes, you go giri! Also I have to ask how did you manage to read 70 books with 3 kids? 70?? That's amazing.

Happy New Year!

FluffyChicky said...

What an awesome list! Wish I had accomplished that much at my house...especially reading all those books!

Happy New Year!

Mindy said...

I have a question for moms at the endd of my post for today (Saturday), I hope you'll come by and give me your thoughts.