Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!

I had to share a thought at a meeting I had a couple of weeks ago and the one I chose has staying with me all week long, so I thought that I would post it here:

42433_nativity_st (Image from LDS.org)

What a glorious and wonderful season of year this is.  our hearts change.  Our attitudes change.  Our way of thinking changes.  There is a little more forgiveness in us.  A little more of kindness.  A little more of love.  A little more of patience.  A little more of understanding at the Christmas season of year.  What a glorious thing it is that at least once in twelve months we can become a little better than we have been during the twelve months we can can become alittle better than we have been during the remainder of the year.  Thanks be to God for the gift of His son, and thanks be to His Son for the gift of His life.  How grateful we are at the Christmas season.” –Gordon B. Hinckley (Dec. 1, 1996)

Around here, we are buried under a mountain of snow {it is beautiful! I love it!}, the cookies are decorated, and the gifts are ready to be given.  The Christmas spirit is strong, and I have had a couple of discussions with my kids about how giving is more important than getting and that the true meaning of Christmas is love, and faith and keeping Christ with us all year long.

Merry Christmas to you all.  Enjoy this special season with your families. God bless!

--Amanda

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!

Jaymie said...

Merry Christmas Amanda!! I love you! Watch your mail after Christmas, your present is coming, I promise! :)

Darilyn said...

Merry Christmas to you!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Merry Christmas :)

D-dawg said...

Merry Christmas to you Amanda! Thanks for sharing that thought- I love it. As I get older the spirit of Christmas gets stronger for me and I am thankful for that.

Hope you had a good day with your family!

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Merry Christmas! I hope your day was wonderful.

Bridget said...

Hope you had a fabulous day.