As you know, my daughter turned six on Wednesday.
She has been so excited for the past two weeks. Every day she would ask how many more days until her birthday. When the night before her birthday finally arrived, she was so excited that she just couldn’t go to sleep. She was absolutely thrilled to wake up and get dressed and come down stairs to find a stack of fresh waffles waiting for her.
She was delighted when I got to her classroom to pass our a treat (peanut butter eggs and jelly beans – no homemade treats at public school anymore, and I’m too cheap to buy storemade cupcakes and cookies). We enjoyed a lunch at Pizza Hut (using her free personal pan coupon for reading).
Around 2:00, I put out the gifts that were for her. It just about killed her. She sat looking at the brightly wrapped packages, and you could tell by looking at her that she was dreaming about what was underneath the paper and ribbons. Would she get the bride Barbie she was hoping for? How about the all-white dress?
She got to choose the menu for her birthday dinner with an aunt, two uncles, and a cousin (and us, of course.) She chose hotdogs. So, we grilled some hotdogs, some brats, and I served them with baked beans, fruit salad, chips, and a vegetable tray. For dessert we had brownie sundaes. Then came the long awaited moment…opening the presents.
She got Wall*E from her brothers, two Barbie toys from her aunt and uncle, clothes from one grandma and grandpa, an all white dress from her other grandpa, and a real musical instrument (a recorder) from another grandma. She was thrilled, and went to bed exhausted from all the excitement.
Finally Friday rolled around and it was time for her to celebrate her birthday with friends. I was too lazy to organize a birthday party with games, activities and goody-bags, so we went the easy way, and it was most pleasant. Last year she had a lady-bug party and the stuff I ordered from the Oriental Trading Co. came a couple days after the party, so at this party we made the lady bug pictures frames. The kids also colored pictures from Madagascar 2, then we enjoyed cupcakes (white with vanilla frosting) and ice cream (vanilla). After all that, we loaded the car and went to see Madagascar 2 at the theater where we ate popcorn and laughed.
From one friend she got a coloring book that is bigger than my youngest son, and the bride Barbie that she was hoping for. She was one happy girl, and it was such an easy party that I am not dreading the one next week for my oldest son. I think two friends, one cousin and two brothers was the perfect amount of kids.
11 comments:
The perfect day! Happy Birthday to your daughter!
I really enjoyed your last post and this seems like a perfect 6 year old birthday to me.
Thats a great party and one I bet she will be talking about for awhile.
I love her smile in the top photo. It sounds like fun was had by all!
These photos are great. Happy Birthday to your beautiful girl. :)
How fun! Sounds like you made it a wonderful day with lots of great memories for her.
I can't believe she is 6 already!! I still remeber her as the little newborn when we all went to Chili's when you were in Vegas. That was fun and does not seem like 6 years ago!
Happy Birthday to her!!
Doesn't 6 years go by fast?! Sounds like you had a fun day.
Sounds like a great party! She is adorable.
Go check out my public blog (www.motherofthewildboys.blogspot.com)...I gave you an award!
She is so cute. Those cupcakes look yummy!
Post a Comment