Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Timbers...By The Numbers

Amount spent on tickets for five : $10 - three free tickets included with children’s fall soccer registration, and no ticket required for Youngest.
Temperature when arriving at field: 98
Temperature when leaving field: 89
Gallons of sweat produced: 2,374,852
Minutes left when children started to cheer: 10
Amount spent on snacks: $5 on cotton candy. We snuck in one bag of Goldfish, one half package of Red Vines, and one unopened water bottle. Number of Max train rides: 2
Cost for parking at Smart Park: $2
Number of National Anthems played: 2 - The Portland Timbers played the Montreal Impact, so we got to hear O, Canada and The Star Spangled Banner.
Number of times water bottle was filled:3
Number of fans in the stand: 7,893
Number of goals scored in the first half: 0
Number of goals scored in the second half: 3
Worth of night spent with cute kids and hubby : Infinite!

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

I'm glad you had such a good night! Hooray for the Timbers. :)

Kelly said...

Sounds like a good time. When you northerners complain about heat though, it just cracks me up. Amateurs! Then when I see the pic of your sweaty little guy...ok, I'll give you hot. This once. Cute!

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Oh too fun!

Amanda D said...

Kelly - I'm from Utah, I can take the heat!! It's the humidity here that just about kills me. Is it humid in Texas? I have no idea.

Jeanette said...

Sounds like fun but Amanda, I have to say that having lived in Portland, it is not very humid there. At all. I know it is worse than Utah but...it is nothing compared to the midwest, the east coast or the south. :-) I just point that out in good natured fun as I sit in humidity that is making it feel like 120 degrees right now. The air is thick with it. I do love the pictures of your son's sweaty hair.

Mindy said...

That looks like such fun!