Friday, August 29, 2008

Photo Story Friday & Camping

Last weekend we went camping at Trillium Lake on Mount Hood.  We had only been there for an afternoon before so we weren't really sure what to expect but it was wonderful.  We had a great camping spot -- nice, private, quiet and beautiful.  We had a little hike to the lake but that worked out okay.

We took the kid's bikes (and a scotter for Youngest) and they rode all around the campground and had a great time.

We had a couple of fires and tried real smore's.  Honestly, though, I prefer them with the fudge stripe cookie.  We cooked tin-foil dinners (my favorite!), and told stories.  Youngest's were always about three boys.  It was funny because they always started out the same way.

DSCN9896  We saw this cool spiderweb in our campsite when we woke up one morning.  My Oldest discovered it and we had to get a few shots.

While we were out on the lake in our rubber raft and kayak we had an incredible view of Mt. Hood.  While we drifted, I couldn't help thinking about God.  It just amazes me the beauty that he created for us. 

There were some birds flying over the lake and I think that they were hawks (maybe eagles), and it was neat to see them fly around and drop down and grab a fish out of the water.  It was neat to watch the fish jump too.

DSCN9885

Choose a favorite photo from the week and join us at Cecily's for Photo Story Friday!

Technorati Tags: ,

14 comments:

Michelle said...

I love camping...I haven't always loved camping, but now I do. Your pictures are great. It looks like a beautiful area.

Cheryl said...

Love that michelle loves camping now. And I love that you love camping, too because I love camping. :)
Beautiful photos, Amanda. Like always!

Desi said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog...oh and you can get that backpack for $30 at Target so it too can be yours :)

Your camping trip looks like so much fun, and it's beautiful. We are going camping this weekend and the thing I think I'm looking forward to the most is the food...foil dinners and smores! I also think I agree with you that they are better with the fudge stripe cookies. Maybe I'll have to have both kinds so I can make an educated guess! :)

Leslie said...

Thanks for visiting my blog!!! Oh I love your stunning pictures! Such beauty!!! I'm sure I'll be back regularly! :)

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

Oh, I love the mountain view!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Sometime you have to try smores with Reeses PB cups in the place of the regular chocolate, so good!

Ginna said...

wow, such gorgeous pictures! Sounds like a super fun camping trip for sure.

Cecily R said...

Beautiful pictures Amanda!!!

tiarastantrums said...

cool and beautiful shots!!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Cool spiderweb.

Chris said...

That sounds very peaceful. That vertical picture of Mt Hood should be on a brochure somewhere. It's beautiful.

Susan said...

Wow, gorgeous mountain shots! Makes me want to go camping.

Darilyn said...

what a great camping trip. We didn't get to do near enough camping this summer. You have done some great things with your family this summer.

Totallyscrappy said...

What beautiful photos!