Friday, August 8, 2008

Photo Story Friday & Books

When I noticed that my boys were sitting on the couch right next to each other and looking at a book, I had to snap a couple of photos. My oldest is reading now, and all my kids love to sit and look at picture books.
This particular book is a Richard Scarry book. I remember reading these same books when I was younger. My kids also love Little Critter books, and I love those as well.

Some kid's books, I don't like to read. But, some I love. I really like the Bear Snores On (by Karma Wilson) series, and the Llama, Llama (by Anna Dewdney) series. They are so fun to read and the pictures are amazing.

I think that it is natural to judge books by their covers, particularly picture books. It is interesting to me, though, that my daughter chooses books that I would never choose. They are interesting to her, and because of that I have gotten to read books that I wouldn't have read otherwise.

What are some of your favorite kid's books? See more Photo-Story-Friday at Cecily's.

9 comments:

mahina said...

isn't it great to have a new little reader in the family? i love seeing nani read to her sisters! it's precious!

one book we found at the library that we like is the giant carrot. maybe it is fun because i read it with a hill billy accent! but we enjoy it!

behka said...

My favorite is "Oh the places you'll go" by Dr. Suess. I love just about anything by him. So do my kids. I have 3 readers and they enjoy reading to Pai. It sure helps!

gab said...

Any Jan Brett or Eric Carle book is a favorite. Also LOVE Kevin Henkes....so so funny! Children's Lit is my love language.

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

The Little Critter series was my favorite as a kid. Our kids are loving the Magic Treehouse series, and DH just started reading the Narnia series to them. I've been reading the Little House on the Prarie series to them too. They listen to chapter books much better than I expected.

Anonymous said...

I love to see kids reading. One of our favorite books is Then The Troll Heard the Squeak. It's a simple little rhyme with great illustrations. The Bean love it.

Mindy said...

ASpen has developed a liking for the Stan & Jan Berenstain Bears books. I love these too and we really enjoy them together.

MomOf4 said...

My kids love the Magic Tree House series! My first grader read almost all of them to me last year! Reading is so much fun! :)

Amanda D said...

My kids love the Magic Treehouse series too! We like the Judy Moody books as well, when it comes to chapter books.

Cecily R said...

You know I am a book FREAK. So all of those that have been mentioned are favorites and we have MOST of them....it really is an obsession.

Fabulous pics of your cute boys!!! I love the tops of their heads!!