On this day, we parked our belongings by the start of a big hole ("I was tired from digging a big hole!" - name that TV show), and the kids and my brother went to work on making it bigger. They dug the hole bigger, added a wall, some stairs, and then went to work on the moat. Leaving room for trucks to come in.
I spent some time flying kites - I love kites. At one time I counted 25 kites in the sky. It was the perfect day for it. We have a 70" span Nemo kite, and a stunt kite which is a lot of fun to fly. Youngest wanted in on the kite flying action.
After lunch, the rains came in. We laughed at the mass exodus on the beach. There were tons of people, and then it rained for 2 minutes and there was less. About 15 minutes later it started raining again and after trying to wait it out for a bit we decided we didn’t want to sit on a wet beach. So we joined the throngs and left the beach as well.
We drowned our sorrow of having our beach trip cut short by indulging in some Cookie Dough Blizzard goodness at Dairy Queen. Once we were home, and the kids were bathed, dinner was eaten and the kids were in bed we watched The 2nd Singles Ward. It was hilarious. I laughed and laughed. See? We Mormons can poke fun at ourselves.
Choose your favorite photo from the week and join in Photostory Friday.
14 comments:
what a fun day. I love, love, love Seaside. Did you have any cheese popcorn? That's one of my favorite things there. Great hole and mote, that is a fantastic picture.
Beautiful pics and a great story. I really like the kite photo!
yep - sounds like a perfect day! love the moat!!
What a great time spending with the family! I love the pictures!
My PSF is HERE.
Nothing beats flying a kite at the beach with your kids. Love it.
Now that is a cool (and huge) sand castle. Must have taken some serious time to create...
have a great weekend :-)
What a great day. I jealous of all of you so close to the ocean beaches.
What a fun time for all at the beach. Great family memories! This year will be our third annual 'who wants to cook a big dinner when you can go to the beach for clam chowder' Thanksgiving. We've not gone since Nov, and I miss it.
Gorgeous! Sounds like a perfect day.
LOVE THE KITE!!! Kites make days such perfect outings! Looks like you all had a great summer day!
Looks like a great day at the beach. We just got back from the a couple weeks at the beach and had some of the same kinds of fun. That hole with the elaborate moat looks like it was a great project and a lot of fun. Kite flying is also one of our favorite things to do.
Oh how I long for the beach...any beach!! LOL. I would love to know more about Oregon, as its one of the places my hubby and I are considering moving to sometime in the next year. Feel free to email me privately: nantucketbreezes@aol.com
Looks like a fun day of playing hookie!
i just love a day at the beach. i only wish it was warm enough here! great PSF
Post a Comment