Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sunday Scrappin'

It's been awhile since I have done Sunday Scrappin' because I haven't printed pictures in ages. This week, I started dabbling in digital scrapbooking though. Here are my first few efforts. I have some great kits that I have downloaded for free over the last couple of years.

I use Adobe Photoshop Elements 4. I enjoyed scrapbooking this way, but it doesn't bring me the same satisfaction as traditional paper-and-glue scrapbooking does. It just isn't quite the same.

Amy has started doing a challenge instead of a question, and last weeks challenge was to do something fruity. I'm not sure if this counts but the kit is called "Strawberry Lemonade" (designed by Jessica Sprague) so I am counting it. The journaling on this page is from this blog post:
I'm excited about next weeks challenge. It is to do a Random Act of Kindness by creating something (a card, a gift, etc.) for someone and mailing it off. I may have to get the kids involved in this one!

10 comments:

ChrissyM said...

Fantatic pages. I just cant get into digital scrapbooking just it. I like the idea of cutting and pasting. Love your fireworks page, very pretty. The bicycle page is precious, love the journaling, this is something she will always have to treasure.

Bridget said...

So, so cute!

Christine - Tutorial Addict :) said...

WOW those are great! I love the 'friends' one! I haven't tried the digital thing yet, a little intimidated still ;-) Yours look awesome though! Good luck on the challenge this week!

Rebecca said...

Cute pages! I haven't done a lot of digital scrapping but after doing the little that I have I had the same feelings as you - prefer paper & glue. I love the fireworks page & if you didn't say it was digital I would have thought you used a rub on for the title. They look great! Hope you have a great week & yay for printing photos!

Amy said...

I'm so with you on the digital- I tried it, I liked it, but I prefer my paper and glue. I really want to try what my friend does, though- she calls it hybrid scrapping, and she prints digital pages then uses regular embellishments on them.

And yes, your Straweberry Lemonade kit totally counts. ;)

Anonymous said...

Strawberry Lemonade is exactly that color! How cool. :-) Beautiful layouts!

Christine Duff said...

I agree with you on the digital scrapbooking. My digi scrapping days are over! On to tried and true "real" scrapbooking! Great pages!

Forgetfulone said...

Of course it counts as the challenge! I love your layouts. I do some digital scrapbooking, but I love the busy-ness of traditional scrapping. Have a great week.

Melanie H said...

I love how you used a blog post as journalling. Its a fantatsic idea.

I feel the same about digital scrapping, I like the texture and dimension of traditional scrapbooking.

Have a good week ahead Amanda.

Mindy said...

Nice job!! I need to get back to some scrapping too!