Thursday, July 17, 2008

More Photoshop Fun

Creating Keepsakes has a monthly article where they ask a question and publish reader's answers. June's question was "What is your favorite summer memory?" My answer was published, and as payment I got their special issue "Computer Tips for Scrapbooking vol. 2" by Jessica Sprague. If you have Photoshop and need help, on her blog she has a whole section of tips! Check it out!

I have been devouring it the last few days. It is great. Except that I really don't need another reason to spend a lot of time on the computer. :) The issue is split into different sections and here is what I did from the photo section:


The original shot. -----------------Vignette. Not sure I like how his shirt looks blue.




The original shot. ------------------Brightened. Looks better.


The original shot. -----------------Rotated, Cropped, Brightened, Levels adjusted, etc.
-------------------------------------------------I'm not crazy about the border, but it was a free download.

What do you do with your photos? Edit them? Keep them on cd? Scrapbook them? Photo albums?

9 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I edit most of my photos but just keep them on my computer. I also back them up regularly on our external hard drive. I haven't been doing much editing lately because I don't have Photoshop installed on my computer. I've really been missing it.

I did make photo albums for each of my kids for church. They each have their own book and there are pictures of every grandparent, great-grandparent (living), aunt, uncle, cousin, sibling, and of course, themselves. They love them. It's sort of fun to actually hold a photo album again -- I haven't done that in a while!

We've missed you over at Scripture Sisters!

Michelle said...

I don't do much with my photos. I have intentions of digitally scrapbooking them and then printing off books. I don't generally edit them unless it is just for red eye. I do have them all in two locations and at the end of the year I put them on a CD to put in the safe. I really don't want to ever lose pictures. They mean too much to me. I also save pictures as the date that I took them so I always know when it was. I don't have to wonder.

Bridget said...

Very nice. My husband is the photoshop wizard in our family so I leave it to him.

FluffyChicky said...

Those photos look great! I wish I had more time to fiddle around with photoshop stuff...the way my life is though, I am lucky to get the pictures off of the camera onto the computer!

Anonymous said...

Nice work! I love Photoshop...endless possibilities.

Jeanette said...

I am so lazy with my photos. I don't do anything with them at all.

Mindy said...

Nice job! I always edit my photos. I am so picky, lol. In your top set, the shirt doesn't look too blue on my monitor, but his skin tone is beautiful! What an adorable kid!

mom said...

I think on the second photo the original one looks better. He sure is changing and is looking so grown up. Boy, time flies with kids.

mahina said...

i edit my favorites and save them on the computer and blof them! i love applying actions to the photos just to liven them up! i love PS CS3, oh so fun!

i love the final picture after all your edits! looks so much better when we can tweak things a little bit, huh?!