Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Another Birthday

This is my youngest on the day that we brought him home from the hospital. He was due on July 3, 2005. I was praying that he wouldn't be born on July 4. I did not want him to have to share his birthday with my favorite holiday. That would be so sad! I was really hoping that he would come early, and be born in June (because is there a better month for birthday? No!), but he came a few days late. He was born after 18 hours of labor in the early morning on July 8, 2005. It really doesn't seem like three years ago. And now he is this:
He's changed just a little. He doesn't look like a little old man anymore. Now he looks like a little boy. I think that he looks like my dad, but he has the exact same eyes as my five-year-old niece (on Bryan's side) in Iowa.

This is the boy that can be trying, but in the end he still wants to give you a kiss and say I love you. That makes up for all the naughtiness.

To celebrate this birthday we went to see Wall*E yesterday (while he was still free!) My oldest and my daughter liked the movie. Youngest was bored about 15 minutes into it. Me too. Bryan thought that it was okay. The animation was AWESOME, but the story? Eh. So-so.

Today, we are having some family over for a pasta bar, cake and ice cream and presents. He is so excited that it is birthday. He has been looking forward to July since March when my other two had their birthdays. And my Lightning McQueen obsessed baby will be thrilled with the Lightning cake I am planning and the Lightning gifts that he is getting. A McQueen and Mater puzzle from his older brother that was carefully chosen and a hat (on clearance! woo-hoo!) from his sister.

I better get busy so that I am ready for the celebration!

Here is the meatball recipe that I am making. It is so easy. And good. Really good. I got it from my friend that came to visit last week, so K gets all the credit!

Italian Meatballs

Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef
1 pound Italian Sausage (I used Jimmy Dean)
1 Egg
approx. 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
approx. 1/4 cup bread crumbs

Directions:
Mix ground beef and sausage together. Put egg over the top and mix. Add cheese and bread crumbs. Mix. Roll to desired size. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

Enjoy!

9 comments:

Ginna said...

Yay!
Happy birthday to cute little one, and even more of a happy birthday to the mommy that made it all happen. With 18 hours of labor...yikes.
Sounds like you're going to have fun today--you deserve it! :)

Mindy said...

Happy Birthday to your little one! My three-year-old was born on St. Patty's Day, and also shares her bday with my neice's daughter who is exactly one year older than her. Sweet pictures!

mahina said...

what a cute little guy! i can't see any naughtiness in those blue eyes! they hide it well, don't they?! have a great birthday party!

Bridget said...

Those meatballs look yummy. Better than the hamburger helper I made for dinner.

Marchezt said...

He is so handsome! I hope he had an awesome day!!

Cecily R said...

What a great looking kid! Happy birthday little man!!

Christie said...

Happy birthday to your cute boy! And yes, totally will be trying those meatballs out!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet baby boy...er make that Big Boy!

Cheryl said...

Happy late Birthday, Youngest!! I hope you had a great, great, day. :)