Monday, July 7, 2008

Playing Photographer

I haven't had professional photos of my kids taken in a long time. My oldest has had his taken at school for the last two years, but school photos are unnatural. Always. My daughter had a photo taken at her school in May 2007, and they turned out pretty good. And my poor youngest son hasn't had a professional picture taken since he was 1. Yeah, he is turning 3 tomorrow.

I decided that I could set up a stool in the back and get some good pictures of the kids. I started with my oldest tonight. I told him if I got some good shots I would pay him (thanks for the tip, Stie!) and I took 40+ shots.


These are a few of my favorites.
A few random facts about my oldest son:

  • He is a perfectionist, which makes it hard for him to try new things at times.
  • He doesn't like to sit and watch a movie. He wants to play while he watches.
  • He has been working so hard to learn to read.
  • He is a list person like me. I found a "to-do list" for the day a couple of days ago. It had 1) play Lego's and 2) play Star-Wars.
  • He loves to ride his bike, scooter and skateboard.
  • He loves soccer and art.
  • He is my only child that will sleep in.


5 comments:

mahina said...

my favorite is the one with the fence in the background! plus, i love b&w's.

i need to do the same with my kids. i think i just try to get them in candid shots because i love those best! it takes a lot longer to get one that you like, though!

he's a cute kid!

Jocelyn said...

I love the contents of his list. It's good that he takes fun so seriously! He is very handsome -- my favorite one is #3. Really, I'm cracking up about that list! So cute!

Christie said...

Clearly, bribery is the way to go. Excellent photos of your darling boy!

Mindy said...

Those are great pics, nice job!!

Anonymous said...

Cute pics. I'm a sucker for black and white, so that's my favorite! Thanks for the cool walk this a.m. : )