I really thought life would slow down a little bit with school in session. I thought with some time to myself everyday that the dishes would be done, the laundry would stay caught up, I would have time to write and take pictures.
It has not though. Seems like I am busier than ever. And I’m not sure how I feel about that.
--
The kids have been in school for one month yesterday. To celebrate, they gave them two days off school. Then they go to school for a week and a half and have three days off.
--
All those fall pictures I promised? I’ve yet to take one. Not one! If I don’t get out soon, I’m going to miss my chance.
--
I’ve been doing more and more hair in the kitchen. It’s been fun. I thought when we moved and I closed up my salon, that I wouldn’t miss doing hair. It didn’t take long until I missed it dreadfully. The funny thing is that I think I have a bigger clientele here than I did in Utah when I had a salon.
--
I got a new cell phone yesterday. I think it is smarter than me. It rang yesterday and I couldn’t figure out how to answer it. Good thing it was a wrong number. Side note: Did you know that wiki has a page for everything?
--
The fall soccer season is winding down…just three games left. Basketball season is just beginning though. First game Saturday. My oldest child will play point guard. I’m quite certain that he is the next John Stockton. Although, he would rather be the next Brandon Roy or Rudy Fernandez.
--
This weekend, we are celebrating the husband’s birthday. I’m making lasagna and apple pie for dinner Sunday and we’re going to hit up the local Red Robin for lunch tomorrow. I’m a super-lame wife, however, and he isn’t going to get his present in time for his birthday. I feel a little guilty about that. I ordered it on the 4th and it said it was in stock. Amazon didn’t ship it until yesterday though. Maybe today. The your-order-has-been-shipped email arrived in my inbox at 2:38am today.
--
So. What are you doing this weekend? What’s your favorite hot cocoa? Personally, I love Stephen’s mint, but these days you’ll find me drinking Swiss Miss No-Sugar Added. I’m on a mission to lose weight.
4 comments:
Moonstruck Double Dark Chocolate. That is my favorite hot chocolate.
The older your kids get the busier they get. Think of how busy you are now compared to two years ago and in two years from now you will be twice as busy as you are now. It seems hard to imagine but it's true.
Love Swiss Miss. Hate Godiva dark chocolate.
I love just plain milk chocolate cocoa and then I buy all those flavored coffee creamers (like Hazelnut, Almond creme, and Dulce de Leche) and mix them in. LOVE cocoa. And when we lived in Minnesota I had it all the time since it was winter for like 10 months.
It's true, life with kids just gets busier and busier even if they do go off to school!
I'm glad to see you are blogging again...it just takes me a while to notice these things! :)
Post a Comment