The parent organization at my kid’s school provides lunch for the teachers when it is time for parent-teacher conferences. At the meeting, we decided to provide Baja Fresh for the meal and cookies for dessert. I couldn’t figure out why we should spend money on cookies for teachers when they are twelve women sitting in the meeting. My suggestion to have us bake cookies, ended with me making cookies.
I was totally okay with that though since there aren’t that many teachers/staff at the school. I made a recipe that I got from my brother’s former roommate years ago. It’s called “the Neiman Marcus Cookie”.
And it’s heavenly. Even my cookie-dough-eating-husband thought the final product was good. Also? It makes about six billion so it was perfect for something like this. (Okay, I lie. It made 125.) I took about 60 to the school and kept the rest for the kids to eat and share and enjoy. I’ve been very good and have only had one today.
Neiman Marcus Cookies
2 cups butter 2 cups flour
2 cups white sugar 2 cups brown sugar
5 cups oatmeal, blended to a fine powder
24 oz chocolate chips 8 oz chocolate bar, grated
1 tsp salt 2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda 2 tsp vanilla
4 eggs 3 cups chopped nuts (optional)
Cream butter and both sugars together. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix in flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder and soda. Add chocolate chips, chocolate bar and nuts. Roll into balls. Place 2” apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10 minutes at 375 degrees.
Yield 125
3 comments:
yum! I've had those/made those. You had just one?! You are amazing!!
These sound delicious! Adding them to my list of recipes to try! Glad you're back to bllogging too. I missed your posts.
"My suggestion to have us bake cookies, ended with me making cookies."
My fave line of this post.
Those cookies look yummy!
Post a Comment