Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Better Day

DSC_0057

Tuesday wasn’t such a great day.  Yesterday was better.  Today is going to be even better.  I can feel it. (We’re having pizza for dinner.  Any day with pizza is a good day.)

I still don’t feel like I’m quite enough, not quite all I need to be, but for now I’ll do.  And I’ll keep working to improve.  Making goals, marking my priorities, giving myself a break, and remembering that sometimes tired, cranky kids need time-outs in their rooms and sometimes they just need to be hugged.

Instead of concentrating on where I lack, I think I’ll think about this instead:

“…however young or inadequate you feel, or however aged or limited you see yourself as being, I testify you are individually loved of God, you are central to the meaning of His work, and you are cherished and prayed for by the presiding officers of His Church…”

~Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, “Because of Your Faith

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Beautiful. You're beautiful.

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

:)

Susie @ A Slice of My Life said...

I honestly think being a parent is one of the hardest jobs in the world. It's never ending and there's always doubts about how well you are doing at it.

Just keep in mind some of the good days. And enjoy that pizza!

Michelle said...

I can't tell you how many times I have felt the same way. Bottom line is that sometimes you just have to tell yourself that you are enough, because you are. We don't need to be perfect to be good moms.

Parenting is the toughest job there is. You know that no one tells you how hard it is because if they did no one would ever have children.

Hang in there!!