Friday, March 26, 2010

Flowers at the Temple

Yesterday was our last good weather day for Spring break so we went to the temple.  I took some “lunch” and we sat by the fountain and ate, chatted and admired the flowers and beautiful building.  We talked a bit about why we go to the temple, making goals to go to the temple later and how the temple makes us feel.  And of course, I took about a million pictures.  I would love to be able to have a garden like the temple does.  So many beautiful flowers in bloom all at once.  And since taking pictures is my obsession, I came home with dozens.  Here’s a few of my favorites:

DSC_0008

A little tulip in the midst of big, red tulips and lots of bright yellow daffodils.

DSC_0015 DSC_0039

Yellow daffodils are so happy.  Every spring I make a mental note to plant some in the fall.  I never remember, so my yard still has no daffodils.  I’ve never seen daffodils like the ones on the right – beautiful peach center with the ivory outer leaves.  They take my breath away a little.  Wish I could have gotten closer for a better picture.

         DSC_0034

Tulips are my absolute favorite.  They are so stunning. Simple, soft and fragrant.  I was so disappointed that I couldn’t have tulips for my wedding bouquet (we got married in September).  Not disappointed enough to wait six months more though. :)

DSC_0077

I think this is a rhododendron.  The flowers on this tree were stunning. I stood and stared at them for several minutes.  My kids thought I was very strange, I’m sure. 

Spring in Oregon does not disappoint.

Happy weekend, all.  We’re planning a great hike for Saturday.  I plan to have some great waterfall pictures to share next week.  What are you up to this weekend?

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Those pink flowers are gorgeous! Don't you just love spring??

Rebecca Irvine said...

Love these beautiful flower pictures! Such rich colors to enjoy.

troutdalite said...

such beautiful pictures, Amanda.
hope your hike was fun today.

FluffyChicky said...

Ooh, so pretty! I wish it was spring here...it has snowed for the past two days here. Sigh.