Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Signs of Spring

The cherry tree in the backyard will be full of pink blossoms any day now….

DSC_0456

The neighbors busy has little buds….

DSC_0188

The other neighbor’s crocus are in bloom {and beautiful}…

DSC_0523 DSC_0530 DSC_0532

The coming of spring means soon windows will be open every day, soon my oldest will turn 9, and my daughter will be 7.  The coming of spring means the tulip fest is coming up, Easter is right around the corner, there’s only a few months of school left until summer, and it’s almost time to mow the lawn.  The coming of spring means it’s time to buy a swimming suit, plan out a couple camping trips, and plenty of photo opportunities.  The coming of spring means spiritual food in the form of General Conference before long, seeing sunrises while the kids eat breakfast and longer days to enjoy outside.

What do you most look forward to in spring?

16 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow! None of our plants have buds yet. Although we had so many hard freezes unusual to the area none of the plants may come back.

Is it really almost spring? Ahhh

Ginna said...

Oh!! I'm so envious of your spring signs. We're still so cold and wintry here. It takes forever for spring to come.
My favorite thing is just that springyness that's in the air--the happiness that comes with the slight warmth and sunshine. I love it!

Julie said...

Thanks for posting these - made my day.

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

I look forward to the sunnier days... I love the sun. :)

Darilyn said...

Spring is all about the flowers for me. I love them.

Michelle said...

Crisp air....I love the weather in spring. It is warm in the sun, but slightly chilly in the shade.

As for my organizing of my 365 pictures. I have a folder where I stick all of the pictures I choose. I label them with the number. They go into folders for the month.

Before I was just putting them in one big folder and not labeling them well. It made them really hard to find!

Cecily R said...

Beautiful flowers (as if I would expect anything less from you!)!!

Spring means outside. The kids. Me. And not just every once in a while either.

I am WAITING. Not very patiently.

Susie said...

I just think it's amazing that half the nation is covered in snow and the PNW is blooming like crazy!

Beautiful shots. You make my fingers itch to dust off my camera and see what I can capture.

Heidi said...

Oh, you just made me really, really want spring to be here! We are still drowning in snow. I love snow, but I am so ready to be out with my hands in the soil!
I always love spring conference, it always seems to fill me with hope of the coming year.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today, and you should DEFINITELY do the next photo hunt. Your pictures are way too amazing not to.

Mindy said...

Warmth and fresh air! I love open windows, the sound of birds and wind chimes, and going outside without a jacket on. I can't wait!!

Mindy said...

Warmth and fresh air! I love open windows, the sound of birds and wind chimes, and going outside without a jacket on. I can't wait!!

Mindy said...

Warmth and fresh air! I love open windows, the sound of birds and wind chimes, and going outside without a jacket on. I can't wait!!

troutdalite said...

your pictures are beautiful. I want spring/summer back, it's chilly today!

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Gorgeous photos. I saw a robin today!

Amber said...

Those are gorgeous! What I'm most excited about: spring hiking and flowers. What I'm not excited about: allergies.

Stephanie said...

General Conference and sunshine. I love your photos!!