A photo-essay of mine was published at Mormon Women yesterday. Go check it out.
The 3,000 Project has been going for several weeks now. It’s been a lot of fun, and I have been challenged by some of the themes. This week’s theme was water, and it was really hard for me. I’m not crazy about the picture I took, but I did learn something new while taking the pictures, and that’s really what it’s all about.
I’m feeling over-whelmed lately. I’m struggling to balance everything that I need to do – things for me personally, with spending enough quality time with the kids and Bryan, as well as keeping up the house and with a couple projects I’m working on. I’m having a hard time keeping up with everything that I want/need to do. If I didn’t need 8 hours of sleep a night, I could probably do it all.
Over the weekend I was able to meet some of the other people that I will be doing Portland to Coast with in August. It was fun, and they seem like a great group of ladies. I also chose the legs I will be walking for the race. I am very worried about one of them….it is uphill for almost four miles. Luckily, I have ten weeks to get ready.
Our neighborhood had a huge yard sale Saturday. We sold stuff for about 4 hours and made a little cash. The kids each got a good deal at the homes of neighbors. My oldest got 8 Junie B. Jones books for $1, my daughter got The Incredibles on DVD for $1, and my youngest got a new Buzz Lightyear for free. Score!
A few years ago there was a strawberry with a heart in it on the cover of a magazine. I was amazed by it and have ever since been looking for hearts inside my strawberries. The other day I was cutting some from Costco, and this is what I found. I took a ton of pictures and let my daughter eat it. I would have loved to eat it, but I don’t think it would look as good with green mold on it.
Happy Monday everyone.
3 comments:
Cool photo essay!
I'm enjoying our project--it definitely stretches me from time to time an that's a good thing!
Saturday was fun. Thank you for the bread. It made the yummiest sandwich I've had in a long time. I at times feel completely overwhelmed. I find that it's during those times that I have to re-evaluate and figure out what is most important.
Your 3000 project photos are just stunning! Your temple photo essay was wonderful!! YOU are amazing. With so many things going on, you are wise to get your sleep. I never was good at that. Hope all the important things rise to the top of your list. You are such a good wife, mom, friend, daughter, sister, photographer, et al!!
Post a Comment