In a few days, I’ll be celebrating my 30th birthday.
Hard to believe that I will be 30, I know. :)
To celebrate, I am going to giveaway three scrapbooks that I have made. Each book is on a different post, so you have plenty of chances to win. Although, you can only win one. I’ll leave the giveaways open until Sunday (my birthday) and announce the winners on Monday.
Now, to the first prize. When I was a kid (in my first ten years of life), my favorite holiday was Christmas. It’s not anymore. Now, my favorite holidays are the 4th of July and Labor Day. And Thanksgiving. But, what kid has a holiday other than Christmas as their favorite?
In our house, all the siblings slept in the same room on Christmas Eve. It was such fun. And so hard to sleep. And I would always end up with an upset stomach because of all of the excitement. Christmas Eve was always my favorite dinner. We had snack type foods – vegetable trays, cheese fondue, Christmas pudding, etc. We always played Christmas Bingo too and everyone won a prize or two. We were allowed to open one gift on Christmas Eve, and it was always pajamas. I love that tradition.
On Christmas mornings we would wake up and inevitably be told that we had to go back to bed. We always got peanuts and oranges in our stockings. It seems like my mom always made a big breakfast. And of course, we had a big dinner. Also, at our house, Santa wrapped all the gifts so that was exciting. And we lived in Utah so I don’t remember any Christmas’ that weren’t white.
So, in honor of the first ten years of my life, I am giving away this Christmas Scrapbook. It’s a chipboard album, and the inside pages are 9” x 9”. Each page has some sort of embellishment but there is plenty of room for pictures and journaling. I know that Christmas was six months ago so it doesn’t really fit with summer, but maybe you have last years pictures sitting around still…and if not, then Christmas is only six months away.
The inside pages are a darker red than that. More like the cover.
To enter this giveaway, simply leave a comment and tell me what are your favorite holidays. Then and now? Also, if you are 30 (or older) tell me what you like about it. I’m still trying to figure out how I feel about turning 30!
Please feel free to enter the giveaway for each item. Go ahead and spread the word too.
10 comments:
My favorite holiday is Halloween. I love that there is a holiday where children can dress up (and adults too)and they get so excited about their costumes.
As far as being in my 30's what I like about it is that I feel way more sure of myself than I did in my 20's. I'm more like who cares if I'm overweight, I like myself and that's what matters.
I love Thanksgiving the best- probably due to all that food.
And, honey, it only gets better after 30, trust me. You are wise, yet still young. I wouldn't trade where I am for anything!
I still love Christmas. But for different reasons. Now its because I LOVE playing Santa with Jon. SOme of my favorite memories with him are on Christmas Eve after the kids have FINALLY gone to bed.
Happy 30th Amanda!!!
Hi Amanda!
Okay, so I'm totally new to this but here goes. Growing up, my favorite holiday was Christmas. My Mom always tried to make it really special. Now, my favorite holiday is the 4th of July. I love seeing the expression on my kids faces when they see the fireworks. Plus, it's all about being patriotic which is great.
I wasn't really into Halloween growing up, I think because it felt a little weird to go around asking people to give you something just for looking cute or silly. I do like it now, though, because my children make it fun.
Being 30 (or over) is great! You have a little more confidence to not worry so much about how you look every day. Also, sometimes younger people (mostly that I work with) ask for advice and make you feel like you're more knowledgable than you maybe really are!
Happy 30th Birthday!! : )
35 and proud of it. Life just gets better and I am trying more things. Wouldn't want to be in my 20's again actually.
I loved Christmas and still do. All the tradition and excitement just can't be beat.
My favorite holiday has always been Christmas.
When I turned 30 a few years ago, I was kind of freaked out about it. But so far my 30s have been very good to me. Not super excited about the idea of 40, though.
Halloween is my favorite. It always has been. I love watching the scary movies when they come on TV and eating candy and taking the kids Trick-or-Treating. And I love puting up spooky decorations all over the house.
I'm turning 29 in 2 months...so I am REALLY starting to feel the anxiety of turning 30...
Like you, my favorite holiday used to be Christmas, and although I still love it dearly, it just isn't the same for me. I blame the stress! My favorite holidays now include Thanksgiving, Valentine's Day (I make it special for my kids), and any holiday that gives us an excuse to eat food outside.
30 years old? IT ROCKS!! I love being 30! I love that I'm old enough to be taken "seriously." I love that I can act like a mom without looking like I'm 15 years old. I love that I have so much experience behind me but with so much life left to live. You will LOVE being 30 --just don't think of it as "old" --think of it as finally having permission to just be who you are without apology. :)
Amanda, What a fun idea! My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving...I love all the food, family, and being thankful for all I have. Christmas was my fav as a kid like most.
I'm not to far from 30, so when I get there, you need to fill me in on how it is. :)
Amanda, What a fun idea! My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving...I love all the food, family, and being thankful for all I have. Christmas was my fav as a kid like most.
I'm not to far from 30, so when I get there, you need to fill me in on how it is. :)
Post a Comment