I’ve not blogged in…what?…two weeks?…three weeks?
Well, let me reassure you that, yes, we are still alive and kicking. I’ve had a case of writers block, and I’ve drastically cut back the amount of time that I am allowing myself on the computer. I’ve realized that my kids and husband should come first, not this blog (or Facebook). I’ve also learned that I don’t need comments to be happy. I love comments, don’t get me wrong! But I don’t need to post everyday in order to have comments every time I check my email. I don’t need that validation.
I have been online…reading your blogs, commenting here and there, checking the family website, and working on a couple of projects. One is MormonWoman.org. I think that it is very worthy of my time. Another is the photo a week project that I started with my friend on the other side of the country. We are taking a theme each week and each taking a picture. Funny how sometimes they are very different, and sometimes, they aren’t so different. So, go check it out – it’s called The 3,000 Project, because we’re 3,000 miles apart.
My kids are on the home-stretch as far as school goes. Just a few days left. Then we’ll start a new routine.
In the last few weeks we have roasted marshmallows, hit the beach, went bowling, made cars with paper, popsicle sticks and capri-sun straws, done a few haircuts, drawn a million different Thomas the Tank Engines, taken tons of pictures, ran through the sprinklers, slipped and slid, rode bikes, planned camping trips, watched movies (thumbs up on Paul Blart and thumbs neutral on Bride Wars), read books, cleaned rooms, soccer games, book parades, football games and practices, slept, ate and showered.
I’ve also had deep thoughts about my trip to Utah. How in the world do I see everyone that I want to see? Right now, I’m thinking a few different get togethers at different parks. One day with friends from high-school, one day with friends from our old neighborhood, and one day with blogging buddies. What do you think? Any good park suggestions? Would you be interested in coming?
Here’s a few of my favorite pictures from the last few weeks:
{I can’t get him to smile for the camera anymore…he’s always trying to beat the last silly face}
{After the slip and slide, it was time for tennis, thus the sneakers with a bathing suit}
{Ready to roast}
{Sprinkler Fun}
A few questions, would you come to a park to hangout? What’s your favorite thing about the kids being out school? Do you have any great craft ideas for me? What games do you like to play with your kids the most?
7 comments:
Cute pictures of the kids...looks like ya'll have been up to lots of fun. As for your questions:
1-Yes!
2-the flexible schedule
3-Um....not at the moment...although I can recommend Family Fun dot com. They have easy and cheap projects. I'm all about the easy and cheap. ;)
4-I love to play Uno with the boys.
PS-Have a happy day!
The last picture is awesome. I know what you mean about the blogging thing. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood. My daughter has the same swimsuit as your daughter and we have the same hair cutting cape or whatever you call it.
I LOVE the picture of lupines. They are my favorite, especially w/golden poppies. How'd you get such a great bee shot?
Good for you for doing so many wonderful things with your family. They are blessed to have you!
I wish I could say I could live without comments! :)
It sounds like you have been one busy lady.
Don't worry about update frequency, I post basically when something's on my mind I think I can write something coherent about (this translates to an average of two weeks (grin)).
It's so freeing when you realize you don't NEED blogging or Facebook, isn't it? I enjoyed my break too, and now I am able to enjoy blogging just for the sake of writing, rather than needing it as some kind of validation.
Those pics are great! It sounds like you guy have been having a great time. We've had fun here too, and I just put up some of our stargazing pics from tonight! Check em out if you have time!
Hugs.
Oh and I just found this great blog that's full of ideas: http://chasingcheerios.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment