Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Art, part I

This post is for me… so I can remember what my youngest was doing right now in twenty years.

Right now his obsession is Thomas the Tank Engine.  It used to be Lightning McQueen and all things Cars.  At almost 4, he fills his free time with drawing and coloring pictures. 

DSCN9663

He goes through so much paper that I have started cutting scrap paper in half.  He continues to fill paper after paper after paper of engines (as you can tell above).  Some from the side view; and more recently, from the front view.

Normally, after a marathon coloring event I go through and put them in the recycling bin.  It’s impossible to keep all of his drawings.  It dawned on me the other day though, that some day I will regret that I didn’t keep some of his train drawings. 

So I went through the stack and scanned some in.  And then I recycled them.  :)

001

This is Henry. 

002

Here is Thomas

003 

The front view of two engines.  One is Thomas, and one is me.  I’m not sure why, but I am always frowning in his pictures. 

004 

A train pulling it’s coal car and a coach.

005

Thomas and Sir Topham Hat. 

Keep drawing, bud.  I love to watch you.  And, I almost always smile when you are working so hard.

8 comments:

Ginna said...

aw, his drawings are so adorable!!!

Kelly said...

This is one of my favorite stages of childhood, the drawing obsession! Adorable!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Good idea to scan them in. He's quite the artist!

Marchezt said...

Those are awesome trains! He is so stinking cute...love his eyes.

Amber said...

I need to do more posts like this. It's the simple things they do that will mean the most 20 years from now!

Jocelyn said...

I love those drawings! My kids don't get obsessed with things and sometimes I wonder why. But I love that you're recording them! Darling!

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

That's just like my J. Only everything he draws these days is dinosaurs!!

Bridget said...

Wow, he does some great trains for 4 yrs old! That will be fun to look back on those someday.