Right now I’m sitting on the couch with my 5-year-old while he watches an episode of Scooby Doo from 1970. My kids love Scooby Doo. I remember loving Scooby Doo as a kid too. Now, though, I can only handle so much before I announce that there will be no. more. Scooby. Doo.
By this time tomorrow morning, my son should be out of surgery. The medicine to make his ears clear up did not do anything so tomorrow we go in early and he will have his ears drained, his adenoids removed and possibly tubes put in his ear. It’s a routine surgery – the doctor does it a lot – but it’s not routine for me to have one of my children in the hospital. Any prayers you can say that the surgeon’s hands will be guided and steady and for my little boy and his healing would be appreciated.
I’m very lucky (and grateful) that my husband is worthy to give him a priesthood blessing before we go in, and that my sister is willing to take my other kids and another friend has offered to help out. My youngest is excited about taking a nap and eating popsicles at the hospital. He hopes they have a red one for him.
This afternoon, I have a den meeting. Did I ever tell you that I am a Cub Scout leader? I am over the Bears (currently there are 5 of them) and the Wolves (currently there are 2 but only 1 comes). I feel like my den meetings are kind of boring so I’m looking for ways to make them more exciting. Any ideas?
I would love if each week the Bears and the Wolves could pass something off but it just isn’t going to happen this week. The Bears are going to pass off the section about American Folklore and I think we’ll do a craft. With just me it’s too hard to have two groups doing two different things.
What’s on your list for today? Have your kids ever had surgery?
5 comments:
Darn it for surgery, but what a blessing something like that is made as easy as it is to heal him, hopefully for good!
I'm watching episodes of The Spectacular Spiderman with Brigham right now. I really need to go take a shower, though.
I'm glad your boy is going to get his ears fixed. The tubes made ALL the difference for Cannon's ears (I know it's not the same problem, but it is a great thing). Routine, major, anything that's surgical is a stress. Prayers and thoughts for you and your baby.
Also, now I'm craving cocoa. :)
Good luck tomorrow. How sweet that he's looking forward to the red popsicle! Ah innocence.
How can it be just you in Cubs? 2 deep leadership and all, handbook says, BSA says. You need more help. Easier said than done, I know, but still. Bless your heart, you know how I love a Cub leader!
Sending well wishes for your son and a speedy recovery!
Today I watched my friends kids while she went to a doctors appt.
I watched my other friends kid while she went to a sealing at the Temple.
I cooked stuffed porkchops for the above mentioned wedding.
I took the above mentioned friends kid to another friends house.
I went and helped prepare and serve food at the wedding lunch.
My kids are now home from school and doing their after school stuff.
There's no school tomorrow, so I'm thinking of a plan...something fun for us to do together.
#5 had to have a cyst removed from his skull near his eye when he was 6 months old. Scary! But he did well and recovery was fantastic.
I know this is late (since I know everything went well), but I just had to add that surgery is always scary, and I understand. It doesn't matter if it's "routine" to the doctors; it's not routine to you and your child.
Love you!
Post a Comment