Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011 Word & Goal

In 2010, I wrote about my resolutions here.  I did okay.  Not great – far from perfect, but okay.  And I’m totally okay with that.  On to this year:

I have never thought that I would be one of the One Little Word people. You know, the people that choose one word for the year.  A word that keeps them focused and on track.  I’ve admired people that have been able to do it, but it hasn’t been me.

I’ve got a couple of smaller goals that I want to work on through the year, and one big resolution.  The resolution is kind of big (to me) so it’s my only resolution for 2011.  Here it is:

Become a finisher.

Basically, I want to finish what I start.  I want to put away the laundry and leave empty baskets in the laundry room after a folding marathon.  I want to wipe down the counter and sweep the floor after the dishwasher is loaded and the pans are washed when dinner is done.  I want to finish the quilts that I have started.  I want to finish the things I start. Too often, I let myself get distracted by something else and I have so many things left unfinished.  Can you say ADD?  I don’t know if I have it, but I do wonder. 

So, to go along with this resolution one word has been coming to my mind:

Finish

So there you have my One Little Word for 2011.  I’m thinking of hanging it on my fridge, taping it to the bottom of the laundry basketball and putting it on my sewing machine.  And any other places of inspiration.

Do you do resolutions?  How about One Little Word?  What is yours?  Any advice for me on mine?  Are you good about finishing the laundry completely?

8 comments:

Christie said...

Love that. What a great word.

Thanks for your sweet words, friend. I appreciate it more than you know!

Cheryl said...

I think this is a great idea. I rarely finish household tasks (okay, just laundry, because I hate laundry and there are, right now, two baskets of clean laundry waiting to be folded with two more coming through the cycle...arrrgggghhhhh) and so I understand. Finishing what we start, eh? It's a fantastic goal! I wish you luck in your endeavors. :)

Tonya said...

I love this idea of having a word of the year. I am going to jump on this and figure out my word. Stay tuned! I'm not good with resolutions. Maybe because I only think them and never write them down. I have been thinking of some and even have a blog dreamed up about it. I just need to get to it so I can actually hold myself accounatble. And as for laundry I wash, dry & fold no problemo, but it takes FOREVER to actually put it away. Dumb, I know.

troutdalite said...

love your word. I so need that too! I'm a great starter...but then I go on to other things.

Jocelyn said...

I love that. I'm a classic "half-way done" kinda gal. This is a great goal.

Mindy said...

I'm right there with you! I never finish anything. Actually, it would be more accurate to say, I never finish anything to my own satisfaction. Does that make sense?

FluffyChicky said...

What a great goal! Me? I usually don't do "official" goals like that...because I get all zealous in completing them and then it causes all sorts of frustrations if I happen to not meet them.

I am pretty good at keeping up with the laundry. I do 1 - 2 loads a night (including folding and putting away) and that way when the weekend hits, I am not trying to play catch-up too badly.

Michelle said...

I have the same issue about not always finishing things, projects, etc. So I'm thinking that is a good goal to have and I might have to join you. :)