Monday, January 10, 2011

Monday Afternoon Cocoa

DSC_0124(From January 2010)

I’m sitting here listening to my daughter cough while she rests on the couch.  I can hear the Judd’s playing on the kitchen radio and the sun is shining straight into this room.  It’s warm and bright.  And makes me think of spring (even though we didn’t get winter yet – don’t get me started on the lack of snow this year)

I’m helping with the school book fair again this year.  We had our first planning meeting this morning and realized that it is in six weeks.  It happens to be the same week as my daughter’s birthday so in six weeks she will be eight years old.  That is totally unreal.  Time to start planning for her baptism, and a birthday party.  Any fun ideas for a girl party?  I’m kind of thinking an evening party with jammies, pizza, movies…maybe decorate pillow cases or jean pockets into purses or something.  She wants to invite seven girls.

Then, a week and a half later my oldest child will be ten years old.  Any ideas for a boy party?  I think that he will want to invite four or five kids.  He’s into video games so I’d kind of like to set up a gaming tournament or something.

I’ve always told my daughter that she can have her ears pierced when she is eight.  Bryan would like her to wait until she is twenty-eight.  Hard to believe it’s almost time for her to be eight and have ears pierced and go to activity days at church and be baptized and…  I feel old today.

I’ve been busy doing hair this month.  I only did a couple cuts in December so everyone is playing catch up now.  It’s nice though. I enjoy it quite a bit and I miss having the room for a salon in the house.

The laundry is going and the kitchen is most of the way clean.  It’s probably time for me to get up and finish that. 

What’s happening at your house today?

6 comments:

Tonya said...

Did you go to hair school? That's something I REALLY wouls love to do.

At my house today...

getting caught up on laundry

went visiting teaching

need to go to les schwab to buy chains for our van

getting ready to go to the school to schedule art lit

and that's a wrap.

Jocelyn said...

I love these posts so much.

My oldest turns seven next mo th and that's so crazy to me. Seven seems "big kid" to me.

I love your Jammie party idea. That's a fun one. Decorating pillow cases would be so fun! I also think when you do a fun craft like that, you don't have to send home a treat bag, which I LOVE avoiding. :)

Our house has been hopping today. Cleaning up, exercising, getting kids to school....and this afternoon I'm cleaning out and organizing my kitchen. Why does this have to happen at least once a year? Why doesn't it just stay organized????? It's nice to clean out and reevaluate, though.

Julie said...

Pillow cases would be so fun for her party! They're super easy to make cheap if you can't find them on sale. good idea you had!

You've got 2 birthdays really close together! How fun for your house. :)

Today we have pee and dog barf. A true Monday.

Dulsanna said...

you'll have to go here to check out this calendar. wouldn't it be fun to do a photo countdown for the kids (separate of course) before their days? like how i'm the art director and you're the worker bee?! really, if you want to bring a bunch of prints over some eve, we could put it all together. And watch a movie : ) I think N's eye's would light up to see a big string of shots of her. Maybe sports cards instead for big T?

http://thepioneerwoman.com/homeschooling/2011/01/the-many-faces-of-the-month/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+pioneerwoman-full-rss-feed+%28Pioneer+Woman+FULL+RSS+FEED%29
love your random posts!

OK, off to fold laundry. and then FINISH by putting it away and FINISH putting my Christmas stuff away (so embarrassing...it's like 1/10!!

Darilyn said...

I worked today and then went to the airport to pick up Heidi and Chris. Then we went to Ikea for lunch and then picked up Emma and Makenzie and then immediately to piano and then took Emma to Irish Dance and then came home to watch the Duck Game. It's not going too well for them at the moment. Darn.

Mindy said...

You are welcome to our snow! We have way more than I care for myself, lol.

A video game tournament sounds way fun. You could evenhave some sort of prizes, and set the categories so everyone gets one.

Looking forward to hearing more about the ear piercing topic. Aspen wants her ears pierced, but I think she'll chicken out. This is the kid who can't even take off a bandaid, lol.