Friday, May 21, 2010

I’ve Got Nothin’

It’s been raining buckets of rain and right now, in the middle of May, I see no end to the rain.  It is starting to get my down.  A lot of that, though, is the fact that tomorrow’s plans include being outside.  A lot of the day.  Track. Soccer. T-ball.  Then we have end-of-season parties and we’ll all be wet and muddy.  I don’t see games being cancelled because they are the last of the season.  Sigh.  I’m really trying to focus on the positive (and listen to what I tell my kids) – this is why it’s so green here and the flowers are so beautiful.

There’s a great post at Mormon Women today.  It’s about raising daughters.  I really needed it this morning.

If you like country music, check out Easton Corbin.  I’m lovin’ his CD.

Remember my super-long post with all the pictures?  It was for Photo Hunt Challenges.  The favorites are being posted and voting for the favorites goes until the end of the month.  So head over there and vote for your favorites.  My pictures are not in every category, but in a few.  Vote for your favorite pictures though! Mine are in these polls: Triangular, Smell, Something RareMother Earth, Fish, Letter in Nature,and Perspective.  Oh, and up today: Something Healthy and Trio.

And if you still want to look at pictures, have you checked in with Project 3000 lately?

3 comments:

Darilyn said...

I know, don't you just love Easton Corbin? I do.

Amber said...

I'm off to read the post at Mormon Women. Need a pick-me-up with daughter challenges today.

Rain, rain go away. Ours finally did and I wish the same for you!

Mindy said...

Raising daughters in this day and age certainly IS a challenge. Sometimes I feel like I have no chance of getting it right, and then I remember that in Christ we can do all things. It's a tough job, no doubt.