Monday, May 24, 2010

Afternoon Walk

 05 21 10_0181

05 21 10_020105 21 10_0192

05 21 10_0187 

05 21 10_0193 05 21 10_0200

05 21 10_0194 05 21 10_0195 

On Friday afternoon, this 4-year-old and I took advantage of a break in the rain.

I was determined to get some of his energy out.

He rode his bike.  I walked.  I let him lead.

He took us almost 2.5 miles.

We saw gorgeous flowers, got sprinkled on and stopped in the neighborhood parks for a few minutes.

We came home and he was still wound up, but I was exhausted.

My plan didn’t work.

But that’s okay.  He was so happy and that makes me happy.

And yes, the Buzz wings do make him go faster.

6 comments:

Tonya said...

The buzz wings are awesome! I've never seen them before.

I love how you capture the flowers.

Beautiful.

Darilyn said...

Great pictures! I would be exhausted too after 2.5 miles.

jendoop said...

Love Buzz riding a bike, too cute. It could have a great caption about having determination! "When your wings won't work, find another way!"

Katie Gee said...

You live in such a beautiful place. So much green. Great pictures! They're ALL so beautiful!

Michelle said...

LOL! When we were kids new tennis shoes always made us run faster.

Marchezt said...

Buzz wings are so cool! My boy would love them. Your pictures are amazing. You're an awesome photographer. Miss you guys!