While you waited for me to answer the door, you could admire these tulips. They are by my front door and I eagerly await their arrival each winter. I get so excited when I first see them poking out of the cold ground. I wish I could say that I had the sense to plant them, but I owe it all to the woman that lived in this house before me. She was the one with the gardening instincts. I enjoy flowers but unfortunately have a green thumb.
If I was taking a long time to come to the door, and you turned to survey the neighbors and their yards, you would see these tulips. They are tall and so beautiful in their different shades of pink.
If you came to my house on a sunny day, I might invite you into the back yard to enjoy a Diet Pepsi with me. To get into the back, we would have to go past this tree. It’s oddly shaped from not being pruned properly over the years and it is growing into the trailer, the garage and the fence, but with it’s beautiful flowers, I can’t bare to cut it down.
In the back yard, we start getting flowers in December. The candy tuft begins to bloom then so when I look out the window, I pretend it is snow in winter when all I see is green grass. There are also grape hyacinths growing and little tulips. I’m not sure why they are small…and I wonder if I need to dig up the bulbs, separate them and replant. Maybe you could tell if you came to visit.
These also grow in the back yard.
Another tulip.
Surely, if you came to visit you would also see this:
And he might be the best sight of all.
6 comments:
Oh my goodness, I want to come to your house!!!
I want to visit your beautiful yard, but more than that, I want to enjoy what I just know would be your fabulous company!
I mean to plant tulip bulbs EVERY Autumn, but by the time it comes around, I'm sick of gardening and so I never get around to it. Then every Spring I am so mad at myself for not taking the time. (Yes, that's happening right about now in my world).
Finally, I just ordered The Help on Amazon, along with two other Gary Schmidt books. I finished The Wednesday Wars yesterday -- wow -- I loved it. Thank you so much for the recommendation. By the end, I was laughing out loud and crying and chuckling in agreement and shaking my head in anger. I loved it so much. Thank you thank you thank you for introducing me to this great author! Well, and the other great books you've recommended.
PS, that boy is just adorable. Seriously adorable.
so many beautiful pictures, and what an adorable boy. (promise not to use that word when he's 10+!)
Happy Easter!
Oh, how I love your flower photography!!
I'd LOVE to hang out with you in your back yard and soak in those pretty blossoms and chat over a diet pepsi!!!
Beautiful. All of it.
Your little guys is surely the most beautiful of your blooms. I'd love to come enjoy a Pepsi with you. I wish we were neighbors in the real world.
Post a Comment