Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Last Summer Bloom

October-20

As I was cleaning up the yard Sunday afternoon, I took a minute to look up and notice the leaves and the clear blue sky.  Then I looked down (and tried to ignore all the yard work that needs to be done) and noticed this beautiful bloom.  It’s one of the last in the yard.  It looks so cheery.  It took my by surprise, so I had to share it.

What has taken you by surprise this week?

4 comments:

Jeanette said...

I need to get out and clean up my flower beds. I gave them practically zero attention this summer and at least need to get them cleaned up and put to bed for the winter.
What has surprised me this week? My baby sleeping for almost 6 hours at night. :-)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. I love that jack-o-lantern header too!

Katie Gee said...

I love the jack-o-lantern header too! Lots of things take me by surprise. But one thing, in nature, was my neighbors beautiful aspen tree. It was full of yellow leaves and as I was walking up to her front door I had to take a second to stand straight underneath it and look up. All I could see was a gorgeous yellow. I love this time of year.

Your flower picture is inspiring.

Darilyn said...

I was very surprised to have today be a beautiful sunny fall day in
coos Bay where it rains a lot. It made me happy.