Monday, July 6, 2009

My Favorite Holiday

The 4th Of July is my favorite holiday.  I love it.  Absolutely.

We started the day with a small town parade.  It was great fun {despite the heat!} and we were able to paint the kid’s faces with markers while we waited for it to start. I’m not sure why I don’t have a photo of my daughter with her stars.  The parade started with a LONG stream of classic cars.  It was very cool to watch.

{See another version of the red one with the surfboard here.}

DSCN0310

DSCN0326 DSCN0320DSCN0328

  DSCN0368 DSCN0342 DSCN0385

I can’t help but get emotional when I see Marines in their dress uniforms.  And carrying a flag.

I’m proud to be an American.

DSCN0405 DSCN0412

We got a laugh out of the “Ultimate Tree Hugger”, and are still in shock over how much candy the kids got. 

It’s more than they get at Halloween!  It fills 2 gallon sized ziplocs, plus one sandwich size of gum and one of smarties.  They are in heaven.

DSCN0525 DSCN0649

After the parade we went to lunch at Dairy Queen and bowling.  That night we went back to small town for the fireworks.  It was a great show, a beautiful evening.  We took light sticks to keep the kids entertained.  I took more than 200 pictures of the fireworks.  I’m a little obsessed. :)  Thank goodness for a tripod!

I love the 4th! We had so much fun.

What did you do?

4 comments:

Christie said...

Totally forgot my tripod and I'm so bummed. Your fireworks pictures are spectacular!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had fun. Corbett is the best!

Darilyn said...

I'm with Christie, your fireworks pictures are amazing. I'm glad you had a good fourth of July. We did as well, spending time with family.

Cami said...

Good job on the photos, Amanda! Wasn't the finale great? I love the picture of the red truck with the surfboard out the back...the epitiome of summer.