Monday, June 23, 2008

Things I Think About

Have you ever been to goodreads? I love it. I love ranking the books I read, and I love seeing what my friends are reading and I love seeing how they rank the same books that I read.

Now, I need a goodflicks.

I would love to be able to make a list of the movies I watch, give them a rating and see what my friends are watching too. For example...We watched P.S. I Love You last night. I would give it three stars (out of five). I liked it, but I didn't love it. We also watched Camp Rock on Friday. It would get four stars. Because I am a dork like that.

***

Doesn't everyone blast the Jonas Bros. while they are cleaning up after their kids? No? Oh. Neither do I. Ahem.

***

Where does the fiber that is in a popcorn kernel go when it gets popped?

***

I used to teach Sunday School to the kids that are 8 turning 9. Now they moved me to the kids that are 4 turning 5. Which is my daughter's age. We told her that I was her teacher and she pretended to be excited. Then when we got to church, she pouted, sticking her bottom lip out and everything, the whole time and flinging her upper body around the row of chairs. I hope I survive it.

***

I signed my oldest two children up for swimming lessons. My youngest can't sign up because he isn't potty trained. Darn diapers.

***

My daughter burst into the room the other day and announced:

"I'm pregnant!"

Yes, she is five. They had been talking on TV about being pregnant and getting bigger, so she decided that since she is getting bigger she must be pregnant. I had to explain that no, you're not pregnant. You have to be older, and please, be married.

***

I keep missing the sales at my favorite place to get picture printed. So I haven't printed any pictures since Christmas. And I am itching to scrapbook. Oh, well.

***

Bloggers compose mode wont let me change the size of font anymore. What's up with that?

***

What's happening with you?

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Deep thoughts!

I need to add you to my goodreads!

I love the idea of goodflicks! I like to peruse what people say about movies at Netflix. Except maybe I'm not your movie girl. I LOVED PS I Love You. Must have been the mood or company of the night? Because I haven't heard anyone else who is as over the top crazy about it as I was. I laughed and cried until I had a splitting headache then came home and called everyone I knew and told them to go see it. No one really trusts me anymore! ;)

I have to admit, I don't know who the Jonas Bros. are. I mean I know they are some kind of teenie bop icon, yes? But no one in my house has fallen for them. Soon, I'm sure.

My kids just checked this book out from the library http://www.amazon.com/Junk-Food-Wheres-Science-Here/dp/0761327738/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1214241837&sr=8-1

and popcorn was the first chapter. Oh wait, never mind, I just looked it up and it doesn't say where the fiber goes. I just says how it explodes.

I have a 1/2 Primary calling. I sit with the 4/5 class during Sharing Time (SS Hour) then someone different teaches the lesson and I go to RS. My daughter is in that group. She is of course the biggest pain. Flopping on me, trying to climb on my lap, so tired, boobing it up. Then when the lesson teacher appears she is miss perfect. Yesterday she kept telling me to "go get her teacher!" Saying my time was up.

We went on a cruise when youngest was in diapers. No diapers in the pool. Pain!

That will be nice when your daughter informs he kindergarten teacher she is pregnant. I got all kinds of good info about family skeletons when I taught Kindergarten!

I've lost my camera battery recharger, haven't taken a picture in weeks.

Blogger is confusing.

Today I am apparently answering blogger questions rather than getting anything done!

Have a great day. Loved your deep thoughts!

Darilyn said...

Great post Amanda. I absolutely LOVED P.S. I love you. But it's mainly because I have a pretty good infatuation with one of the people in the movie. I'll never fess up who it is. We like the Jonas Brothers around here and I'm not ashamed to admit that I really enjoyed their concert when they were with Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus.

Cecily R said...

Lets see. I loved PS I Love You but didn't LOVE it. Haven't seen Camp Rock yet but I'm sure we'll catch one of the 345 replays on DC.

I get The Year 3000 stuck in my head more often than I should admit.

No clue about the popcorn.

I 'm going on my 7th year in Primary and have never taught either of our primary age kids.

What am I doing? Right now? Avoiding packing.

Janelle said...

Yes! Goodflicks would be great. I sometimes worry that people actually read my reviews on goodreads...

The fiber of the popcorn gets stuck in my teeth.

I am not pregnant.

I am afraid of scrapbooking, and possibly scrapbookers. (Not you though)

Oh and, why have all my friends stopped blogging just because its summer? Will people please stop going on vacation? I just thought I'd add a deep thought to your many.

Mindy said...

I was laughing so hard about your daughter saying she was pregnant. My three-year-old is on this kick now where she tells total strangers "Soon I'm gonna get a baby in my tummy!" to which I always add "when you're a grown up married lady". LOL.

Bridget said...

I think you should start Goodflicks and make your millions. Brilliant idea.

FluffyChicky said...

I fell out of my chair reading about your daughter and her, um, condition. :)

We teach our daughter's sunbeam class and she is the most EVIL child in class. Seriously. I cannot wait for her to advance in January!