Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Goodness in a Box

Remember my crappy day Monday?
Remember me getting locked out, and then dropping the watermelon? And remember how I put an oven mitt on a hot burner and it smoked?

Well, today was equally as crappy. Not because my kids did anything, or because I did anything. Not really. All I did was kept an appointment against my better judgement. I had to go to that place. That evil place. Yes. The dentist.

I had three cavities* filled , came home and fed my kids Spaghetti O's and laid on the couch in pain for the next four hours.

Then the door bell rang.

It was FedEx.

And this is what I got....
From my awesome friend, Cheryl.

Thanks so much, Cheryl. It made me smile on another awful day. You made my day, friend!

*I do brush my teeth. But only recently did I start flossing and using mouthwash. Do you take good care of your teeth? I hope so.

14 comments:

Cheryl said...

You are welcome! I'm glad it made it there so quickly and I'm glad it made you smile. You deserve to smile. :)

Sorry about the dentist. Blah! I have genetically amazing teeth, so I can't really empathize, but hubby has the WORST teeth, so I can sympathize. :(

Darilyn said...

Yay Cheryl! And I'm so sorry Amanda about the dentist. That's no fun.

Anonymous said...

Aren't sweet little surprise packages the best? Cheryl's good at those. Cute oven mitt!

I sympathize with your dentist trip. I do not heart the dentist. I hope tomorrow is a good, good day.

Jess said...

If only we could all be as lucky and have a friend like Cheryl. You must be a great friend too, to deserve her!!!

D-dawg said...

I HATE the dentist more than anything else. It is painful and humiliating to sit there with your mouth open for so long. I hope you're feeling better. How nice of Cheryl to send you a package.

Kelly said...

I'm with you on the dentist. Boo, ouch and ooo. But i'm ok with the laughing gas.

That Cheryl's a keeper.

Tim & Tash said...

I know your dentist pain. I have spent the past two months, having 3 teeth extracted and 1 inplant put in and one bone graft done. Thankfully he put me out during both operations, but then you have to wake up. Hope the weekend goes better for you.

Bridget said...

Oh, what a no fun day but what a fun package to get! I am going to the dentist tomorrow actually. First time in like a year and a half. Wish me luck. Sorry about your cavities. :(

Janelle said...

Is it the picture or is that oven mit made for giants? Silver is fun. Good job Cheryl. My daughter went to the dentist yesterday to check a canker sore and was diagnosed with 2 cavities. Ugh, whats worse than 2 cavities? Two cavities and no dental insurance. I need to reassess the benefits of being self employed.

Ginna said...

oh you poor thing! I'm married to a dentist and I still hate to go!! :)
How cool to get such a sweet package. Friends are awesome.

FluffyChicky said...

That is one sweet oven mitt! Is this one burner resistant? :)

Jocelyn said...

Stanton is a pediatric dentist partly because he is so frustrated by stories like yours! He's hoping to "raise" a generation of people who do not LOATHE the dentist. I'm so sorry!
Isn't Cheryl great? I need have a crappy day soon so she'll send me something fun..... :) Or just write about the ones I already have...

Anonymous said...

What a week! I love reading your blog...your life is so action-packed! I hope next week is less so, for your sake. How'd it go at L.'s scrapbooking?

Anonymous said...

I abhor going to the dentist also. Usually because strange things happen with the anesthetic. I never know if it's going to work or where it's going to work.