Saturday, June 26, 2010

They say…

…All good things must come to an end.

And, they’re right. This is the end of me and this blog.  I’ve realized that it’s time to say goodbye to this blog.  Time to get the time back that I spend with it.  Time to be less addicted to the computer.  Time to spend more quality time with my kids.  Time to spend time playing games and having fun with my husband.  Time to spend some time really writing.  Time to clean up my yard.  And my house.  Time to read, write, play, create, exercise and enjoy.

Maybe there will come a time that I’ll be back.  I know I’ll miss it….mostly, I’ll miss the interaction with those of you who I feel like I know.  I’ll keep on reading about you and your adorable families.  I don’t think I could quit that.  But right now, my family needs to be my priority. 

As photography is something that I want to keep up, I plan to keep posting to The 3,000 Project; and I’ll do that as long as Ginna wants to.

If you want to keep in touch, here’s an email address: scrapbooksbyamanda@gmail.com

18 comments:

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

I'll miss you on facebook and blogging, but I have your emails!

I can't blame you for stopping all of it. I know I spend way too much time on the computer too.

troutdalite said...

so brave! such a good mom! I'll miss your writing. You'll have to send out an email about your posts on the womens' sites, etc.
Thankfully I can talk to you in person!!

troutdalite said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rebecca Irvine said...

I am sad to see you leave, but am proud of you for making a decision that is in your best interest. Sometimes change is a good thing.

Darilyn said...

I'm gonna miss you my dear friend. I understand though.

Cheryl said...

I totally understand. I'm constantly wondering when and where I should take mine; you are brave to make a solid decision like this. One wouldn't think stopping a blog would be so hard! Ah, well.

Love you.

angie said...

I'll miss you, but I totally understand. I've pretty much quit my blog too... there is just too much to do! Love you! You have a beautiful family and are a beautiful person!!

Michelle said...

So sad! But i understand. Hopefully in the Fall when the kids are back in school you can find some time to do a short blog. :) Love ya! I love your Letters!

Annette Lyon said...

Aw, man! I understand, but still. :(

Amanda D said...

I think I forgot to say:

THANKYOU!

to all of my readers. Thanks for checking in, leaving comments and being wonderful.

You're the best!

jendoop said...

so sorry to hear it. Keep in touch by coming to my blog. Have a great time in your new spare time.

Tonya said...

I know the feeling! I go in spurts with my addiction to the computer. And when I feel like I am on it a lot I always feel that urge to cut back. I stopped FB for over a year awhile back. And now that I am back on it I find I don't go on it very often. GOOD FOR YOU for putting your kids and husband and more important hobbies first. You're awesome!!!!!

FluffyChicky said...

I am going to miss you bunches! And I really don't want you to go, but you have to do what is best for you and your family.

Susie @ A Slice of My Life said...

I'll miss you, but you have to follow what your heart tells you is the right thing to do. Best wishes to you and your beautiful family!

Stephanie said...

Will miss you here, but wishing you contentment in all the things that make you the happiest. :)

Ginna said...

We in the "blogosphere" will miss you (obviously!) but you're the one that knows what's best for you.
I'd love to keep working on our project, though I guess we can't technically call it the 3000 project anymore now that I'm closer, can we???

Mindy said...

Amanda, I understand completely. I've been there lots of times. It's really hard to balance blogging and family. I'll really miss your blog but I hope you'll stay in touch! Blessings, Melinda

mahina said...

sad to hear your taking a break just as i am coming back! i needed to take a break, too. but i have begun again and i hope you will be back again, but i totally understand because i was there last year and all of this year!

it was a good break, but i began to miss being able to go back and read my old posts and remember what the girls were doing and since i stopped i haven't written anything down. i feel like i have sort of missed out on remembering the girls and their silliness and beauty. that is way i am back so i won't forget them when i am old and forgetful!

take as long as you need, but i do hope you come back!