Thursday, June 17, 2010

Right Now…

I’m thinking about school {finally} gets out tomorrow.  And how I didn’t get done so many things that I was going to before school got out.

I’m waiting on a call from the doctor.  I just finished a round of antibiotics for strep throat.  It’s the third time I’ve had it since February.  The nurse I talked with yesterday said she thinks it’s time to treat the cause, not the symptoms.  All I can think is: what does that mean?

I need to clean up the breakfast dishes and start some laundry but all I want to do is wrap up in a blanket and read.

I’m wondering what do with all the stuff the kids will bring home from school today and tomorrow.

I’m hoping the Celtics beat the Lakers in game 7.  Not enough to watch though.

I’m wanting to have some sunshine.  We’ve had way more rain than we normally do in June and I’m ready for the lawn to dry out and to catch some rays.

I’m hearing my almost-five-year-old play with the Thomas the Tank Engine trains.  I’ll be sad when we have no one that wants to play with these anymore.  They’ve been in the house since my oldest son was two and got our first set from his grandma for his birthday.

I’m loving $1 drinks from McDonalds. 

I’m reading Whiter Than Snow by Sandra Dallas – I’ve just started it and right now, it’s the saddest book I’ve ever read.  Also trying to read North and South.  It’s a book I decided to read after watching the mini-series last year.  It’s a book that is going to take me awhile to read, I think.

And just because I like to look at pictures:

06 11 10_0630

  Happy Thursday!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Thomas was our most beloved toy too, all three kids played with the set more than any other thing. Now I break it out on the rare and random times I have little people over here and get all sentimental and nostalgic because not only do my kids not play with it, they don't even remember the good old days when I would spend hours constructing tracks. Sniff. But wait, they do their own laundry and can babysit themselves, having them grow up is not so bad!

Mindy said...

Awww, the mention of the trains made me all misty. Our train table is in the garage, I really need to bring it in!

I have a new blog, please stop by if you have time: http://preppershomejournal.blogspot.com/

Heidi said...

What a fun post!
I just went through the paper a stuff thing with my kids. They brought home so much that I really just don't know what to do with it. What do you keep, what do you throw away? I just don't know. :)
I love Thomas the Train. Only having girls I thought I would never have any of the toys, but I've found that little girls like them just as much as the little boys. Isn't it sad to watch our kids grow up so fast.

Tonya said...

Hope your summer is happy thus far!!!

Jocelyn said...

I still can't believe your school gets out so late.

And your pics just somehow keep getting better. How is that possible?