We have a family reunion coming up in about five weeks. We’re meeting up with family from Oregon, Nevada and Utah. I’m excited about it. I’m not so excited about showing up wearing clothes that are a little snug from the weight that has crept on lately.
So, I’ve made a new goal (I’m all about goals, you know). I want to lose 10 pounds in that five weeks. Right now, we can’t afford for me to join Weight Watchers, but I think I know enough (from when I joined before) to do it on my own.
I weighed in on Monday morning (pounds and body far percentage), and started tracking points. And drinking more water. I’m determined to make this work.
Then, on day one, I ate 6 more points than I am allowed. Funny how the first day of a new way of life, all I could think about was food. But today…Today is a new day. I’ll put a 90-calorie Fiber One bar in my purse, so I wont be tempted with convenient snacks while out of the house. I’ll portion out the box of Wheat Thins that I bought so I can grab a baggie and eat a portion controlled snack instead of the whole box. I’ll grab an apple to eat with lunch instead of an extra helping of chips. I’ll get my bottle of water when I think I’m hungry and see if I’m really just thirsty.
Wish me luck!
Also…share any tips with me! Any great snack/meal ideas? Any must try exercise moves I should be doing?
11 comments:
Oh, I hope you hit your goal! I have the same one. I just can't get that last 10 pounds to go away. Damn. I have no ideas for you to try, but if you find one that works, do share, OK?
Good luck! You can do it. I am on WW and find the All Bran crackers are better than Wheat Thins because they are higher in fiber (=lower points). A few of my other favorite things to eat lately are Trader Joe's egg white salad (1 pt per serving), Alternative Bagels (in the cream cheese section at Walmart) and Healthy Choice meals (there is even a 3 point one--points are listed on the package).
GOOD LUCK!
The first couple of days are always the worst I think. It feels kind of like you've been doing it for years, when it's just been two days.
You can do it! :)
Have you ever been to sparkpeople.com?
I like tracking my calories with them more than tracking my WW points.
I know you can do it. I'll be looking forward to your updates.
Be as active as you can (burn off the pounds!) and avoid anything with high fructose corn syrup in it.
It sounds like you've got a good game plan...you can do it!
Good luck with that! I know you can hit your goal. I try snacking on veggies/fruits during the day, and drink lots of water.
I am so in your same place. trying to finally find some motivation (and sunshine) before leaving also. SO far behind, it's overwhelming...but still trying. Keep at it! It's all those little decisions that really add up for or against us. Your plan sounds good. Move more, eat less and drink water. Do fun things. I'm thinking about the hiking group. Do you think I can make it carrying Ian? That would be a calorie burner : )
It sounds like a very doable goal. I wish you luck! :0)
Good Luck!
Recently I lost a few lbs by going off sugar for a week. Now that I'm back to sugar I think I gained it back but I don't have the guts to step on the scale.
Chewing gum is good when you have the munchies.
Post a Comment