Monday, August 17, 2009

Snapshot of Life

Today… the kids have played legos, ridden bikes, done chores, had lunch, and there hasn’t been much fighting.  I’m crossing my fingers that it keeps up.  We’re relaxing at home after a couple days in Rockaway Beach, Oregon.  There’s not much that beats a couple of sunny days on the beach.

This Week… is busy.  We’re in soccer mode now with practices (I have to coach my first of Wednesday!), the last free summer movie, we might hit the zoo, as well as the usual trip to the library, grocery store. I have book group, and a meeting for Portland to Coast (less than two weeks!) on top of everything else.

Around the House… most of the laundry is folded and waiting to be put away (I hate that part), the kitchen is clean but the floor needs mopping.  The lawn needs mowing, the bedrooms need deep cleaning (I’ll wait until they are back in school, I think) and I have a stack of projects that I want to do.

I’m Thinking About… making more time to write and scrapbook, a good routine for the upcoming school year, our upcoming tenth anniversary, the possibility of traveling for the holidays, and how to incorporate more spirituality into daily life.

I’m Hearing… the kids playing Mario Party 8 on the Wii.

I’m feeling… disappointed that it is going to be so hot this week which means the windows will have to close so the AC can be turned on, nervous for Portland to Coast, and happy that the house is staying cleaner lately.

I’m currently reading… old issues of Creating Keepsakes that I never read when they came, Good Housekeeping magazine and Prayers for Sale by Sandra Dallas.  So far, I’m really enjoying the book.  She’s a very talented writer and her stories really hook you in.

DSCN8391

A sunset from our weekend at the coast.  It was heavenly to get away for a couple days.

How about you?  What are you up to today? This week?  What are you reading? Thinking about? Taking pictures of?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice to hear about the hike, the beach and all of your pondering. off to try to create a laptop "sleeve", finish the velcro on a duvet, make blackberry cobbler for FHE, oh...and hope Ian naps! Would you have time Wed. for a cut?

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

We're getting ready for school around here, and trying to squeeze all the life out of our last few days of summer. :)

Darilyn said...

Are you coaching soccer? Way to go!

Kami said...

That view brings back wonderful memories...glad you guys got away! We are looking forward to school at our house-maybe even counting the minutes!!

Katie Gee said...

I'm feeling and doing the around the house things EXACTLY the same as you! It's so time consuming to get the house clean. I try to get the kids to help but then it just turns into a "I don't want to" fest and then you end up doing it yourself anyway because they're sitting in their rooms for being noddy. At least if they're in their rooms they can't mess it up behind you as your cleaning. *sigh* It'll get better right?

I love your sunset. It's beautiful!

Christie said...

That picture is fantastic. Holy moly, I wish I was there right now.

Amber said...

I am thinking about sleep and mostly about how school finally starts tomorrow. ;-)

Mindy said...

That is a beautiful picture! I would totally wait for the kids to be back in school before you try to deep clean their rooms, it will be so much easier!