One of the best things about living in Oregon is going to the beach for the day. It’s so close! Last week in Oregon it was a heat wave. Hotter than I ever knew it got. It was up to 108 twice. So we decided to beat the heat and head for the coast. So Saturday morning we loaded the car with shovels, a cooler filled with snacks, some towels, magazines, trucks and kites and headed out.
On the way on little boy needed to use the facilities so we did something we haven’t done in years. We stopped at Krispy Kreme donuts. We decided to pretend that we hadn’t had breakfast and each enjoyed a donut. Mmmm.
For youngest’s birthday, he got an inflatable Buzz Lightyear kite. The kids each had a turn flying it. Bryan took our stunt kite and flew it really well. When I had a turn, it crashed right away. Several times. So I gave up.
These pictures make me think of the Friends episode where they go to the beach and Monica gets stung by a jellyfish. Joey was too tired to help because he had been digging a big hole. That is what my boys do….dig big holes. Luckily, no one got stung by the jellyfish we saw.
My daughter spent time playing the sand and mud too. She made this neat looking mountain and then squashed it down flat. *Mom note – Must buy daughter TWO swimming suits next year. One just doesn’t last long enough.
There’s a bit of a hill on the beach here. We’ve never sat so close to it. The kids spent A LOT of time running up and down the hill. They rolled a little. Surprisingly, no one got hurt when they face planted in the sand after running down and their body couldn’t keep up with their feet.
And now, I leave you with some scenery from Cannon Beach.
5 comments:
what awesome pictures, and that jelly fish is so cool!
Wow, gorgeous shots! And the Friends reference is classic. :)
thank you for the pictures! we didn't go to the beach often enough when we lived there and now i wish we had! it really is beautiful!
Was it crowded during this heat wave at the beach? I can just imagine every person out there heading to the coast to cool down. I'm glad you were able to get some relief by going. Great pictures. Looks like a fun day. I want to go to Seaside for a day next week but it looks like rain. Darn.
I can't think of a more perfect summer day. You are so lucky! We think our beach with it's trash, seaweed and oil slicks is something awesome just because it's all we've got. But to languish away a hot summer day on the Oregon coast? sigh.
Post a Comment