Monday, August 24, 2009

Remembering to Breathe

I laid in bed this morning a lot later than I normally do on a weekday.  I didn’t want to get up because I wasn’t ready to face this week.  It is going to be insanely busy.  And I knew that once I was out of bed I had to be responsible and get things done. 

We have four different soccer practices (two that I am in charge of); two visiting teaching appointments; a PALS (our version of PTA) meeting; a trip to the zoo with my cousin; two birthday parties; a soccer jamboree which includes three soccer games, and two group pictures; books due at the library; and this weekend is Portland to Coast.  Plus all the regular stuff – baths, laundry, dishes, cooking, entertaining three kids, etc.

I think I’m ready though.  I’ve got a list of stuff to get ready for PTC.  I’ve got a list of to-do’s for the week.  And today I am making dinner for tonight and tomorrow.  We went to Wal-Mart this morning and hopefully have enough stuff to get us through two weeks.  Except that I just realized, I completely forgot about birthday presents.  ARGH.

On an unrelated measure my visiting teachers came last week and they brought me a big tub of cookie dough.  I loved it.  I was able to bake cookies so easily and they are so good!  So today I am also making sugar cookie dough to take to my ladies.  And I’m using powdered eggs so they can eat the dough raw or cook it.  I’m making some for us to eat too.

How’s your week shaping up? Remember to breathe.

5 comments:

FluffyChicky said...

Wow, woman! That is a lot of stuff to get though! But knowing you, you'll get it all done with no complications.

You just reminded me that I need to make visiting teaching appointments. Sigh. Why does the end of the month come so quickly?

Mindy said...

WOW just reading about all you have to do this week made me want to hide under the covers, lol. Glad you have a handle on it all thought! I'm just trying to get a routine going and get life back on track! Stop by soon!

Sariah said...

Wow, sounds like our week. Must be a contagious thing ;)
After reading about your hectic week I am ashamed to admit that I am stuck on the cookies:) yummm
Can I get he recipe for your sugar cookies with the powdered eggs? I have never heard of that and have always taken my chances when eating raw dough. The snacking possiblilities are making my mouth water. I will have to set some boundries for sure!!!

Miss you !!

Darilyn said...

Cookie dough with powdered eggs? Ingenious. You will get through the week. It is a busy one but it sounds like you are planning ahead and know what to expect. we are here for you. Let us know how it's going.

Cami said...

I think it's the end-of-summer rush! It can definitely be daunting, but I remind myself that every day (week) isn't like this! Cookie dough...hmmm!